Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
Unless my ears deceive me, that is Colin Salmon doing the British Ad voiceover...

200px-Charles_Robinson_by_Colin_Salmon.jpg

Oh, and enough of the talk of "ooh, it really costs so much cos it costs x amount a month". That cost is the cost of using the phone, you get it with every other phone. You don't like it? Wait till the end of the year and get it on Pay as you Go.

bumfilter

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
My point is nothing to do with Scotland or England, it's the fact that it riles me that people will always say "I'm English" before they say "I'm British" or they'll say "I'm from Northern Ireland" before they say "I'm from the UK".

We are all residents of the same country - the United Kingdom.

I think Northern Irelanders can be excused, we can hold dual nationality, so saying Northern Ireland is more accurate than saying United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland simultaneously.

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
For a start, United Kingdom ≠ Great Britain. Britain is England, Scotland and Wales; the UK is Britain and Northern Ireland.

And, I call myself 'English' since with Scotland and Wales having their own assemblies/parliaments, we're a bit more separated than we used to be.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
For a start, United Kingdom ≠ Great Britain. Britain is England, Scotland and Wales; the UK is Britain and Northern Ireland.

And, I call myself 'English' since with Scotland and Wales having their own assemblies/parliaments, we're a bit more separated than we used to be.

Thats pretty much my point. Saying English is more accurate than saying British.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.