Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Here's the link:

http://hipfox.com/angry-apple-fan-throws-a-tantrumand-a-dell-pc/

Story:

Angry “apple” fan throws a tantrum…and a Dell PC

Posted By robert On February 17, 2007 @ 2:25 am In hipFOX | 18 Comments

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - A teen who wanted an apple Macintosh computer (mac) for Christmas after seeing one of the ubiquitous apple ads on the apple website, but instead got to inherit his father’s older Windows PC, finally got mad early Saturday morning and threw out the inherited Dell PC out of the window in a bizarre case of life imitating “the internet world”.

The 16 year old boy, Dam Enkhbayar, threw out the computer after it froze while he was downloading video files online. The boy said, “If this had been a Macintosh, I would never have had this problem.”

In a debate that has been raging online since the early era of computers, the Mac vs PC debate, the high school student took that debate a little bit further by actually acting on it when he threw the PC out the window.

Said the dad, Mr. Tsolomon Enkhbayar, “I knew he was passionate about getting a Macintosh computer, but I never thought it was that passionate.”

The dad also said that the boy had initially wanted a video iPod for Christmas but instead agreed to settle for a computer thinking that he would get a new Macintosh computer.

“I don’t understand his anger. When I was his age, I had to make do without a television. Not even a color television, but a small black and white TV. That’s what we had. One small black and white TV for the entire neighborhood! And he’s mad that he didn’t get the computer he wanted?” raged the father through a translator.

And the debate goes on, it seems.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Or a very spoilt kid!
I dunno, at the age of sixteen? I think that even if very spoiled, no young adult would do such a thing unless s/he had some issues.

Okay, so what if it's a Dell? Don't play into the kid's mentality. Cheap or not, it's still $$ that was needless thrown out a window. Literally and figuratively.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, he's a spoiled brat. Granted, we can sympathize, but its his dads gesture that counts.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I dunno, at the age of sixteen? I think that even if very spoiled, no young adult would do such a thing unless s/he had some issues.

Don't know, I can almost see a bizarre headline here in the US where the father throws a 16 year old out the window.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004

Okay, so what if it's a Dell? Don't play into the kid's mentality. Cheap or not, it's still $$ that was needless thrown out a window. Literally and figuratively.

I totally agree, but you do read about kids smashing stuff because it wasn't what they wanted.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
I think I might just follow his example! I wanted an Lamborghini Gallardo, but my parents got me a Corvette Z06. I don't like muscle cars!

*crashes car*

Give me a break

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I totally agree, but you do read about kids smashing stuff because it wasn't what they wanted.

What about that one guy that has "smash my PS3" and "smash my whatever".

I guess he has the right to since *I think* he purchased them himself. I heard though he has a "smash my Atari" which is sad because they don't make those old consoles anymore - when they're gone, they're gone...

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
pfff....download Linux and live with it until he saves up for a Mac. There is never a need to break a computer, even if it has been infected with Windows. When a person gets cancer, do we through him/her out? No, we try and cure him/her. The cure to Windows? Linux!(only because OS X doesn't run on a PC, or atleast not legaly, and well)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Haha! I feel so bad for the parents, that kid needs help. And a Mac.

He does not need a Mac, it would just encourage him to continue to get angry when things don't go his way, and it's better for him to learn that he wont always get his way now instead of later. He does need to talk to someone about his anger problems though.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I heard of a similiar situation with a boy that wanted a Mac. He worked all summer so that he could buy a Macbook. His mother made him buy an HP laptop with the service plan. The boy ended up spending more for the HP and he hates the laptop.

If I was the boy, I would place the laptop on a blanket while doing homework and gaming. This will send the laptop to the shop a few times to make a point. Or click on strange email attachments with the virus software turned off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.