Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but here are the minor annoyances from the first couple weeks with my watch:

Apps: even if I don't click the slider to "show on Apple watch" any time an app is updated on my phone that has an Apple watch app, it automatically adds the app on my watches homescreen. Screwing up my hard worked upon Christmas tree mind you.

Skype - doesn't work well to answer calls (they are routed to your phone when you answer on the watch), but it's unreliable

Screen light up delay on wrist raise - which it came up a 10th of a second sooner

FaceTime- maybe i can't figure it out, but when someone tries to FaceTime me and I mistakenly answer on my watch it goes into an infinite ring loop. It literally won't stop ringing unless I restart the watch.

Sonos- seriously guys, where are you with your watch app? (JK, I'll be patient since I love you so much)

Location/situational awareness - I want to be able to see what's happening now, next and in the near future quickly. The watch needs an almost Google now type homescreen rather than a traditional app interface.

Handoff - seriously, when does this work for anyone?

Other than that love my watch. These are totally nit picky comments. It's actually made some of my workflow smoother, I would just like it to be more a part of my workflow.

In addition:

Watch doesn't always register taps when picking up a phone call or declining phone call.

When deleting e-mail once message is open, tap to confirm delete doesn't work. Other taps for flagging do work.

spencerlamb

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Cardiff, Wales, UK
My gripe is the loudspeaker when using the watch for calls - its to quiet! I was really hoping to use this feature when driving but I can hardly hear the caller when I'm driving due to background noise. I was told to restart the watch as it was a common issue which would resolve it but I still find it to quiet. Anyone else have this problem? Is there any settings adjustment I can do to make it louder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.