Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
Why would you leave it on under sheets!?!

it is possible the heat that built up caused condensation if the temp in your room was the right temp/humidity to cause this.

Or else someone that doesn't like you put water on it...

Either way it boils down to negligence on your part.

khunxhor

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2007
los angeles
Just out of interest, why did you leave it plugged in for days when you weren't there? AND UNDER bed sheets?

The bed absorbs water - sweat - plugged in Macbook generates heat, Hot MacBook causes water to evaporate and will then condense inside the MacBook.

Only you are to blame. No Warranty would cover you for this. Sorry to say, you only have yourself to blame for leaving it underneath the bed sheets.

I don't see how that's possible. When I plug in my macbook it gets hot, but after the light turns green and it is fully charged it isn't hot anymore. In other words, if i plug it in overnight and wake up in the morning, the adapter as well as the laptop are both cold in the morning. The amount of time a mb takes to charge doesn't seem enough to cause what you've explained under the bedsheets, unless they were tightly wrapped or something. Although you never know, the story just sounds off.....anyways....sorry about your mb and hope everything works out for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.