Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
OP, similar use case. PBP are perfect for running/workouts because they are secure even when they get sweaty, although they do hurt my ears after a couple of hours. APP are for pretty much everything else And are much easier to carry around and use due to the smaller charging case.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Have both. One for the gym and the other for casual everyday use. Seriously, the PBPs case is too damn bulky to carry around just casually. But it does wonders for lifting weights and running.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I use both. I find the original design much more comfortable and easier to use for day-to-day use. Taking out an AirPod is much nicer with the original design that just ”hooked”. The new design is a pain since you have to create a seal.

I only use my AirPods Pro when travelling, listening to music, or using motorized equipment like my lawnmower, weed whacked etc.
[automerge]1575648130[/automerge]
I can wear the old AirPods all day with no problems. The new ones make my ears sore after an hour or two.

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
Count me as another who uses both. I really thought I was going to sell my PBP when I got the AirPods Pro but the AirPods just don't cut it at the gym: They constantly get loose and require adjustment. PBP are just glued in. But I love the AirPods for the smaller case and noise cancelling. I also find its bluetooth connection to be more reliable.

Reactions: EdMan

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Count me as another who uses both. I really thought I was going to sell my PBP when I got the AirPods Pro but the AirPods just don't cut it at the gym: They constantly get loose and require adjustment. PBP are just glued in. But I love the AirPods for the smaller case and noise cancelling. I also find its bluetooth connection to be more reliable.
This is exactly it for me. Especially for running, I'm sure the Airpods would fall out.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Now that I have mine back from Apple I will have both. Apple had to replace my right earbud that stopped working. Don't know why. But I now have both and still prefer the PBP's in the gym. They just work better and I don't have to worry about them falling out especially when doing certain exercises.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.