Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harrijh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Am I the only person out here in the US that hasn't received shipping confirmation yet.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2001
Well I'm not in the US, but i havent got shipping conformation via email yet.

My order status has changed from 'open' to 'shipped' though.

And, I cant seem to find tracking info for it on the FedEx website.

snofseth

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Mine also hasn't shiped I'm in the us i hope I get it 2marro especial cuz 2marro is my birthday and I want a good present

starcrossed

macrumors regular
May 3, 2003
San Antonio,TX
:( Why hasn't my order changed from "Open" to "Shipped" yet, and its already 7pm CT. I noticed the shipping method had been bumped to overnight the other day, so I thought for sure when I got home today I would see that it was sent today, to be delivered just in time tomorrow. Not even my credit card has been charged yet. Hopefully its just a flaw or something and Panther will arrive at my door tomorrow afternoon. Anyone else in the same boat as I am, just 24 hours before Panther will be officially released? I don't want to wait an extra couple of days, while hearing everyone talk about how amazing it is.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Same Boat

Yeah, I'm in your boat, and it's sinking rapidly. I ordered on Wednesday afternoon and was guaranteed that evening delivery on Friday. But I'm still "open" as of 9:40 p.m. ET.

I called Apple at about 3 and they said to call back at 9:00 or so if it hadn't shipped.

So I dial 1-800-676-2665

Your estimated wait time is "forty-three minutes" *tosses ores*

Yeah, I'm still holding, but when I find out the story, I'll be sure to clue you in.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Good News!

I talked to a very nice Apple rep, who explained to me that all of our "open" orders are on a conveyer belt in Sacramento, and they WILL be delivered (within the US) tomorrow evening as promised. They should all start showing as shipped within a few hours. I'M SOO EXCITED! My Dad and are going to battle who gets to put it on their computer first. Erm, I mean, we bought a multi-family liscence, yeah... that's it... mhm. LOL!

Mason

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2003
Re: Good News!

Originally posted by Panther Blue
I talked to a very nice Apple rep, who explained to me that all of our "open" orders are on a conveyer belt in Sacramento, and they WILL be delivered (within the US) tomorrow evening as promised. They should all start showing as shipped within a few hours. I'M SOO EXCITED! My Dad and are going to battle who gets to put it on their computer first. Erm, I mean, we bought a multi-family liscence, yeah... that's it... mhm. LOL!

Glad to hear that. I just checked my status and it said open - I was beginning to lose hope that it would arrive tomorrow.

snofseth

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Mine Finally Shipped Yay! Looks like a happy birthday for me and on the order status of fedex it said it would arrive b4 three. It better be there when I get home from school in that case

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
ugh!

I'm still open, but I'm going to check a few more times before I go to bed, and then in the morning. If it hasn't shipped in the morning, well... I'll be angry.

starcrossed

macrumors regular
May 3, 2003
San Antonio,TX
:D Thanks PantherBlue for the wonderful info!!! Just hope that this is absolutly true for my order as well, but it sounds like it pertains to all orders that have the Oct 24 estimated date like mine. I'll probably keep checking a few more times tonight and possibly the morning to confirm this, so I can happily expect Panther when I get home tomorrow evening, and not go all day in wonder. Sweet!!:cool:

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Only thing that's puzzling me is this:

WHAT THE HELL-O POSSESSED THEM TO WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE...

and why did some people get it like three days ago? grrr....

FlyersFan77

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2003
It's 10:40 PM EST and my order is still "Open". I hope they get it out soon. I was really looking forward to installing it tomorrow.

dukemeiser

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Iowa
Apple always tries to make sure it's all nice and fair, so we all will get our copies of Panther the same time everyone else does, even if we preordered it two weeks in advance.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
What the Crap!!?!

My Panther Order was changed to Overnite Shipping, two days ago. However, today they changed it back to Fedex Ground (and its shipping from CA), estimated Delivery the 29th. I hope this don't happen to you. :( *pissed*

I live in AR, they should have shipped it from their TN facility (like the previous post above) then I would gotten it tommorow with ground delivery. GRR.

dukemeiser

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Iowa
I chose the free ground shipping for my copy, and now it says "Standard Overnight." But it's still open and set to ship "On or before 10/24/03"

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
Mine still says open with road shipping which is 5-7 days.:(

But strangely enough a courier was at the front door this morning at 8:10 and while I missed him because I was in shower I have nothing else due to be delived I can think off. Front door is cammed and recorded on a pc.
:rolleyes:

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Well, my complaint is with FedEx, not Apple. Mine shipped out all right, but FedEx refused to deliver it this afternoon since I wasn't at home (some people actually have to work during weekdays in case you didn't know it FedEx! :eek: ) even though I left a signed note asking them to leave it at the apt. office. UPS never has a problem with doing this as they've left several deliveries for me there in the past, but apparently FedEx does. I'll avoid using FedEx at all cost in the future, they absolutely suck.

Cookiebread

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Phatpat
Mine left the sort facility in TN this afternoon. Expected delivery is 4:30.

Mine left TN at 12:39 this afternoon as well. Delivery time is before 4:30pm today they say... That time has passed, and now I'm pissed. I called FedEx and they said my package has been delayed... so I'm assuming yours has been too.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Lucky you guys. I ordered my Up-to-Date on Tuesday evening and my order is still "Open". 3pm / 4:30pm / 5:30pm have all passed and no news. I even saw a Fed Ex truck drive by the next street and got all excited, but for nought since it didn't come here. Not happy, Jan.

Night of Panther may not be as much fun as I'd hoped. At least we'll get to see it in action at the White Plains Apple Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.