Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Re: PISSED

Originally posted by Panther Blue
It shipped at 11:25 p.m. PACIFIC time last night, and it says expected delivery is the 30th. SOBS!

The 30th?? Is it being delivered Pigeon Express?

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Re: Re: PISSED

Originally posted by Gymnut
The 30th?? Is it being delivered Pigeon Express?

More like Errol from Harry Potter, FRIGGIN APPLE BASTARDS HAVE SCREWED ME AGAIN... up to date doesn't get the friday delivery. *******S.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
You are so right. Here is the email I just got:

--------------------------

Dear Apple Customer,

___ We appreciate your recent purchase from the Apple Store._ Following
___ is an update regarding the status of your order xxxxxx.

___ Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
___ item(s) as follows:

_____ M9231LL/A, MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA
_____ will now ship on or before 10/29/2003

___ We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

___ A shipment notification, with tracking information, will be emailed to
___ you as soon as your order is shipped. You may check the status of your
___ order any time by visiting our online order status website at
http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

___ If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it
___ is shipped. If you choose to cancel your order, Apple will issue a
___ prompt refund.

___ We are happy to answer questions or provide further status regarding
___ your order. You may reach us by calling 1-800-676-2775 ext-56500,
___ Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am-6pm (Central Time).

___ If we do not hear from you, we will continue processing your order.

___ We appreciate your business and your patience. Thank you for shopping
___ at the Apple Store!

--------------------------

If this weren't a moderated forum, I would have some choice words to say about this. To think that we went out and BOUGHT one of their computers with promised updates (which we had to pay for!) scheduled, I find this so offensive. It sucks majorly for me because I am leaving the country on 11/1, so they have two days to get it to me or else it's absolutely useless.

Grr. Go figure though, they've got us by the proverbials.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
This blows, literally. I gave apple of a piece of my mind, filed a formal complaint, and they said they "don't compenste for their mistakes... sorry" I mean, we've [my family] been customers since 1986, that's approaching twenty years. I'm sickened and appalled by their lack of respect for customers. BASTARDS.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
People sure get worked up over a couple extra days on a piece of software.

I'm one of the folks who went out and spent $3500 for a loaded G5 that shipped about a week ago, which didn't ship with Panther and my up to date order has been delayed, too.

It's a bummer, to be sure (particularly since I'm waiting to transfer all my files to the G5 until I've got Panther to install so I don't have to go through the hassle twice--my aluminum block is just sitting there).

That said, I'm not about to go out and hang myself or pledge my allegance to Dell because Apple didn't manage to get my order on a FedEx truck two days ago. They got the OS done in a reasonable timeframe and it'll be here soon enough.

Fortunately, I'll also be buying a copy for work from my University bookstore on Monday (they didn't get their copies on Friday, either), so I'll be able to install it even if FedEx takes their time. (Those of you near an Apple store, consider yourselves lucky--I live 300 miles from the nearest one.)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by Makosuke
...That said, I'm not about to go out and hang myself or pledge my allegance to Dell because Apple didn't manage to get my order on a FedEx truck two days ago. They got the OS done in a reasonable timeframe and it'll be here soon enough...
I'll swap you the computer for a rope... :p

It'll probably be less painful than owning a Dell.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Originally posted by Sun Baked
I'll swap you the computer for a rope... :p

It'll probably be less painful than owning a Dell.

On the point... I am sooooooooo fed up with Apple. i am really really really mad. This is the second time they f*cked me in a year, look at my tracking info as of now.

BASTARDS!

Okay:

Oct 24, 2003
1:16 pm
Departed FedEx sort facility_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

5:09 am
Scanned at FedEx sort facility_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

4:03 am
Scanned at FedEx origin location_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

Oct 23, 2003
11:25 pm
Package information transmitted to FedEx_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

_
12:00 am
Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up_
SACRAMENTO, CA_

I have a sudden hatred for Sacramento.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Dude, at least you HAVE tracking info. My order was at the same time or before yours, and I am still on open! In NY for crying out loud! Hmmm... as Ed Vedder would say, the waiting drove me mad! ;)

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I ordered 2 up-to-date copies for a couple of work machines on Wednesday, so I didn't expect them to ship yet. Latest info says shipping on Monday. That's fine by me.

My wife ordered our educational discounted copies for the home machines on Sunday. Not sure when the shipping notice came (her email) but it was set for today. Her mom was staying with us this week, which was great because then she'd be able to take delivery from the FedEx guy, right? WRONG! She decided to be helpful and took out the trash just before they showed up. Came back to find a little note because !@##%ing FedEx won't leave a package at the door or with the apartment manager. DOH! :eek:

Thankfully FedEx says we can pick it up tomorrow at the distribution center rather than waiting for delivery on Monday. Whew! :cool:

Actually this turned out to be good because some urgent stuff came up with work and I spent the whole evening looking at data with the PowerBook. Delaying it even an hour or 2 for the install would have been bad...

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Don't some of you live near the stores?? Why not just pick up a copy there?

woodsey

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by iEric

Maybe thats what Apple wants me to do, and maybe thats why they didn't deliver panther when they promised to. But going out and purchasing a coppy would be giving in, and apple would win with their dirty tactics!

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
Originally posted by iEric

i can get the 19,95 $ upgrade. they dont sell those in stores, only online. 19,95 $ is a bit less than 129 $.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
What Ozimac said. IT'S JUST SITTING AT THE SAME THING FOR THE LAST TWENTY HOURS... I mean, it says "left sac" (oops that didn't sound right) but it's not telling me wher eit WENT,.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.