Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
MUST WATCH MAXTECH
MUST WATCH MAXTECH
MUST WATCH MAXTECH
MUST WATCH MAXTECH
(potassium cyanide splash)
huh?

OUCHeeES!

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Well allow me to introduce y'all to a better Apple channel I'm sure you'll love. Straight from Linus Media Group is arguably the best Apple channel on Youtube: Mac Address, starring this adorable goober Jonathan Horst

E2bhepyVkAIg6aL.jpg

Jonathan is an old school Machead with an amazing presentation style, who writes and edits Mac Address videos with a comfy feeling and unique theming. While his partners on the main Linus Tech Tips channel does the benchmarks and geek stuff regarding new Macs, he dives into the ecosystem in general, tackling subjects that comes to mind with Apple users like "should Macs have touch screens?"

Or when certain Mac accessories fail to deliver, he offers alternatives

He finds stuff no one else covers, such as some of the bizarre items offered in the Apple Refurbished Store

He even gets first hand accounts of new Apple devices from actual professionals

And despite all this, he keeps it honest and still criticizes when necessary

And of course, he's a goober

Definitely go watch Mac Address. Jonathan and his team deserve as much love as they can get since they're a smaller outfit of LMG.
Okay, so I wasn’t expecting much because, you know, YouTube sets a pretty low bar in 2023.

I watched the “Apple Pencil vs the competition” review and it wasn‘t a waste of time.

Particularly impressed how he went out into the world and found a real-life professional artist to comment thoughtfully. You know, instead of just pulling weird faces, gesticulating like a crazy person and just making stuff up in his basement - which is a lot of YouTube right now.

Not saying I’m a fan, but worth keeping an eye on.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Okay, so I wasn’t expecting much because, you know, YouTube sets a pretty low bar in 2023.

I watched the “Apple Pencil vs the competition” review and it wasn‘t a waste of time.

Particularly impressed how he went out into the world and found a real-life professional artist to comment thoughtfully. You know, instead of just pulling weird faces, gesticulating like a crazy person and just making stuff up in his basement - which is a lot of YouTube right now.

Not saying I’m a fan, but worth keeping an eye on.

Here’s three recent videos of theirs that’s really good. The first is comparisons of EVERY iPhone camera ever made from the original 2007 iPhone up to the 14 Pro

The second is taking many non-Apple users from LTT around the entire product lineup and having them pick their dream Apple ecosystem setup then playing Price is Right with their selections

The third is a regular student trying out the M2 Mac Mini without telling them the price whatsoever

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
What did you expect he's the ColtEastwood of Apple.

For those who don't know ColtEastwood is a Youtuber who constantly shills for the Xbox brand as "LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER PLAYSTATION CANNOT COMPARE" and does the same crap MaxTech does.

To be honest though, all Apple channels are kinda crap with the exception of Marques Brownlee (though he's more tech in general) and Mac Address.
Yeah, both those channels are great Apple winners with them having amazing production quality (MKBHD being more information focused while Mac Address having a great storytelling aspect) and the knowledge to back it up. Max Tech looks pretty, sure, but... yeah.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.