Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
So in the end, which of the styli would you prefer for taking notes and annotating pdfs?
I am about to buy one but now I am more confused :)

Most of what I read from CADer's interesting reviews is his battery concern, so I'm not confused at all. Meaning: I don't want to worry constantly about my stylis batteries. Let alone the horrible ticking noise of the Jot.
So for now, I'll stick to my Trueglide Pro and continue to consider the GoSmart ;)

altaic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2004
CADer, do you have a screen protector on your iPad? I'm just wondering as that might interfere.

Also, the noted degradation of performance when moving slowly may be due to charge building up on the surface of the screen. Fine point styli use cascading voltage multipliers to enlarge the area of capacitance disruption in the touch sensor, thus simulating a larger tip. A charge buildup will distort the spot the touch sensor detects, which causes the calculated center to wander. A redesign of the stylus may be necessary to remove this effect in general, though one may be able to mitigate it by experimenting with screen coatings or screen protectors that dissipate the charge at different rates. Another possibility would be to add a grounding ring closer to the end of the stylus tip which would help shape the electric field. Just some food for thought.

Anyway, I backed the TruGlide Apex and have yet to receive mine. Can't wait to give it a go!

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Most of what I read from CADer's interesting reviews is his battery concern, so I'm not confused at all. Meaning: I don't want to worry constantly about my stylis batteries. Let alone the horrible ticking noise of the Jot.
So for now, I'll stick to my Trueglide Pro and continue to consider the GoSmart ;)

I received my Jot Script today and the clicking isn't distracting at all. It's no where near as loud as what you hear in the videos.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I received my Jot Script today and the clicking isn't distracting at all. It's no where near as loud as what you hear in the videos.

Good for you, I'll blame the video then :D

----------

I agree. It's not even as loud as a keyboard.

Hm, the person working next to me at the office is a programmer working on a Dell with a big fat plastic Dell keyboard. Let me tell you - it sounds like a machine gun at times.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
CADer, can you keep a log of how long the battery lasts before it needs to be replaced due to degraded writing quality? Thanks.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I'm a little disappointed, I thought it was going to be just as good as the Jot Script but all I'm seeing is the Bamboo stylus being better than both.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Any update on how is the stylus is performing? The semester is starting, and I have no choice but to use my old iPad 3 with my Jot Pro since the Jot and iPad Air aren't compatible. I need a new workable solution ASAP.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Any update on how is the stylus is performing? The semester is starting, and I have no choice but to use my old iPad 3 with my Jot Pro since the Jot and iPad Air aren't compatible. I need a new workable solution ASAP.

What's wrong with the Jot Pro and the Air? My Jot Touch works perfectly.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
What's wrong with the Jot Pro and the Air? My Jot Touch works perfectly.

It lags, lines skip, unresponsiveness. The same stylus works perfectly on iPad 3. It isn't the plastic disc because I replaced it, and also use thermal compound on the joint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.