Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your s4 screen affected by vertical line issue or uneven tint display?

• Yes

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gahig ulo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2017
riverside california
Still looks like a significant issue on the right and bottom, especially as the room lighting isn't as dark as the picture showing the original watch.

the one in the middle is just a reflection but you can still see some on the corners but a lot better than my previous which is even the settings app the whole right side is brighter than the rest.
[doublepost=1564669121][/doublepost]
To be honest, that looks terrible. Unless I’m seeing more of a reflection, or the display looks that uneven.
is just a reflection.its no longer noticeable even in the settings app ;)

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
I got mine replaced, and the new one is just as bad ‍♂️
This time it's on the righthand side, however.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
I had a series 5 and the screen was pretty uniform. Unfortunately, I saw a nice pink line down the middle-right of the screen, which you can see on a white background. Anyone else have this problem?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I had a series 5 and the screen was pretty uniform. Unfortunately, I saw a nice pink line down the middle-right of the screen, which you can see on a white background. Anyone else have this problem?

Post a picture of the ‘nice pink line’ for others to see.

Ikertxo40

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2018
My Apple Watch Series 5 arrived on Wednesday, and I was HYPER happy with it, telling even to my friends it was a better purchase than the iphone 11 pro.

Sadly, I read your posts and did the stupidity to test the flashlight, the first option of the 3. What I have discovered is a line that splits the screen in two, a bit to the right, like at 55% position left to right, vertically. This line can be seen in white fleshlight, not the red one, but also is noticeable in the Nike spheres I have that fill the screen with the same color. I wish I had not seen the post, now I can't unseen it.

The spheres I plan to use luckily hide the line, but it looks like the right side of the screen after the vertical line has more light than the left (almost like 2 different screens glued together!), in the fleshlight. When it goes full brightness after some seconds, the fleshlight, you don't see it anymore.

So it seems problems are not totally resolved with 5, and afraid to change it for something worse. My 14 days to return it end in the middle of a holiday trip, and need the watch as i had some heart events, cant afford to return it and be watchless... and return it... for even worse?

I had to return 2 pro phones, screen brightness issues. Oled sucks to me at this point

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
My Apple Watch Series 5 arrived on Wednesday, and I was HYPER happy with it, telling even to my friends it was a better purchase than the iphone 11 pro.

Sadly, I read your posts and did the stupidity to test the flashlight, the first option of the 3. What I have discovered is a line that splits the screen in two, a bit to the right, like at 55% position left to right, vertically. This line can be seen in white fleshlight, not the red one, but also is noticeable in the Nike spheres I have that fill the screen with the same color. I wish I had not seen the post, now I can't unseen it.

The spheres I plan to use luckily hide the line, but it looks like the right side of the screen after the vertical line has more light than the left (almost like 2 different screens glued together!), in the fleshlight. When it goes full brightness after some seconds, the fleshlight, you don't see it anymore.

So it seems problems are not totally resolved with 5, and afraid to change it for something worse. My 14 days to return it end in the middle of a holiday trip, and need the watch as i had some heart events, cant afford to return it and be watchless... and return it... for even worse?

I had to return 2 pro phones, screen brightness issues. Oled sucks to me at this point
Sorry to ruin your experience with the watch with that mention :( once seen, it can’t be unseen.

I went ahead and got another series 5 watch. Unfortunately, it suffers the exact same issue. Will return and try again...

ijon01

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2014
I have had 2 s5’s, the screens looked perfect but the first one had a side button that was loose and the second had a crown that was slanted and wobbled when turned, going to wait a while and maybe try again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.