Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I now HAVE to wear the watch on my left wrist, and using my right hand to tap and control the watch is just not going to be comfortable. Pretty upset about it.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
good think i wear my watch on my left wrist. They had to design it for the majority.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
This is joke, right? Do you own any watches? If so, how many are left handed ones? Can you tell me the % of watches made that are left handed?

I'm left handed and I think it's absurd to think Apple should be expected to make a left handed watch.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Any lefties that wear your watch on your left arm aren't true lefties.

The rest of us will gripe and moan now, thank you very much. You aren't a part of the struggle.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
This is joke, right? Do you own any watches? If so, how many are left handed ones? Can you tell me the % of watches made that are left handed?

I'm left handed and I think it's absurd to think Apple should be expected to make a left handed watch.

Well, most watches, you aren't using a little scroll wheel on the side to do things with it, right? You are just looking at it.

It's kind of hard to write with the hand your watch is on because it scrapes.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

I'm a lefty. The crown doesn't get used on normal watches. Having to reach around will get old for lefties. They totally overlooked that group of people.

Mimicking it actually seems easier as a lefty though. You actually have a grip on the watch and the rest of your hand is not floating.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.

How many times do you have to adjust a standard watch?

You aren't left handed. So you don't get to comment on what pisses us off and what doesn't.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
We are sorry for you but the majority of watches have always been worn on the left wrist. Instead of being upset, adapt!

You know what, it's ignorant right-handed people that say things like "adapt!" You try living in a world that caters to left-handed people and we'll see how long it takes you to start griping.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
I am left handed and I've learned to use things with my right hand. It's not that hard people. If you can't draw a crappy fish on a tiny screen with your right index finger you probably don't have the dexterity to do it with the index finger on your left hand either.

jburns

macrumors regular
May 1, 2007
NC-USA
We are sorry for you but the majority of watches have always been worn on the left wrist. Instead of being upset, adapt!

Depending on your job or activities, wearing a watch on your dominant hand will beat it up pretty quickly. That's the primary reason for lefties wearing it on the right wrist, and it's also the original reason righties wear them on their left.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Depending on your job or activities, wearing a watch on your dominant hand will beat it up pretty quickly. That's the primary reason for lefties wearing it on the right wrist, and it's also the original reason righties wear them on their left.

If you're doing an activity where a watch can get damaged you probably shouldn't be wearing a $350+ watch.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I'd put money on them addressing this by adding a "Lefty" setting where you reverse the bands so that the crown sits on the left side of the watch for your left hand to access.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a leftie mode in the software - just flip the band and wear the watch on your right wrist, voila! The only difference is the digital crown will be on the bottom side but that really makes no difference.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2013
Huh? Why wouldnt you be able to just swap wrists and flip the dial to the other side?

DVDxR

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Huh? Why wouldnt you be able to just swap wrists and flip the dial to the other side?

This. It's a screen, I imagine they could easily do this. From the looks even the strap system would support it. Sure the crown and button would in opposite order but they would be on the correct side for the lefty.

odds

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2014
Los Angeles
I was thinking this the entire time. "Please let there be one for lefties, PLEASE let there be one for lefties."

... Nope!

Damn, looks like I'll just start wearing my regular watch on my left hand so by the time I get my Apple WATCH it'll feel completely natural.

What should I do if I need to write, though??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.