Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Not being able to select which one I want..

Attachments

• BF914C78-D94C-44C3-B1C0-C74DD49731E4.png
    BF914C78-D94C-44C3-B1C0-C74DD49731E4.png
    743 KB · Views: 1,034

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Yes. There's been a lot of hand wringing over this, with people in the plan feeling that they should get to pre-order early. It's not why I'm in the program, but I'd certainly appreciate the ability to do so!
Still, with the 5 hour delay in pre-order time this Friday, it's not going to be painful to be at my keyboard at 8 a.m. :)

Reactions: QueenTyrone

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
So if your enrolled in upgrade program, you can still use it to get the next iPhone ? I didn’t see it in the keynote it only said 599 with trade in

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
I take it the collection date will be the same as the shipping date on the 20th?

Annoyingly, I’m off on a long weekend that Friday so won’t be able to collect if it is.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
The last 3 years if you are on the program already we will get a email from Apple with the ability to go in and get reapproved and select our choices so its in queue for Pre Order opening then we would just sign back in and click BUY.

Assuming they give us the option this year.
Good point, assuming they give us the option. I would bet they do, puts much less stress on servers versus everyone trying to hit on Friday a.m.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Curious to see what happens in my case. Last year I was slow on the trigger at 3a.m. EST (lol) so my payment dates are the 27th of every month. So technically I'm not eligible to trade until I make one more payment. I may have to wait until pre-order date slips to 9/27 or later. Hmm.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Curious to see what happens in my case. Last year I was slow on the trigger at 3a.m. EST (lol) so my payment dates are the 27th of every month. So technically I'm not eligible to trade until I make one more payment. I may have to wait until pre-order date slips to 9/27 or later. Hmm.
They will give you the option to make that payment and upgrade.

Reactions: leesweet

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
They will give you the option to make that payment and upgrade.

Thanks. So I guess that means I'll technically wind up making 24 payments in slightly under (1 week under) 24 months.

How does the return of one's existing phone work? Is there any way to receive a phone in the mail on 9/20 without going to a store to return it that day?

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Thanks. So I guess that means I'll technically wind up making 24 payments in slightly under (1 week under) 24 months.

How does the return of one's existing phone work? Is there any way to receive a phone in the mail on 9/20 without going to a store to return it that day?

Yes, they send you a box via FED EX about 3-4 days later for you to send back the old one.

Reactions: anthonymoody

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007

Yes, phone comes and they will send you a box to send the old one back.

Reactions: anthonymoody

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
They finally last year (I think) stopped all the go to the store at all, thank the lawd, and you can now get the phone at home and send it back in a box. That, along with the preapproval for IUP members and (for east coast US people, the 8 AM EDT time) makes it all so much more rational.

I recall the mess at the store the first couple of years... ugh!

Also, along with the new 'suck all the data from phone to phone' process of the current software should make it a much smoother transition for once.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Yes, they send you a box via FED EX about 3-4 days later for you to send back the old one.

Yes, phone comes and they will send you a box to send the old one back.

Thank you both!

There no way for preapproval process I called apple and they are confused

I would lean 90+% that this is simply "the low person on the totem pole hasn't received specific instructions or info for anything but the most basic questions yet" rather than "they're not going to do something they've done the last 3 years.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
They finally last year (I think) stopped all the go to the store at all, thank the lawd, and you can now get the phone at home and send it back in a box. That, along with the preapproval for IUP members and (for east coast US people, the 8 AM EDT time) makes it all so much more rational.

I recall the mess at the store the first couple of years... ugh!

Also, along with the new 'suck all the data from phone to phone' process of the current software should make it a much smoother transition for once.

Assuming they do the preapproval for those of us on the 1UP this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.