Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
This is exactly what happened to me! (The serial mismatch issue). I have been on the phone with Apple and citizens literally all day. I wish someone could have explained to me the issue happened with the replacement device I exchanged last year. Ugh. No one seemed to know why I was getting the mismatch SSN error message. They told me to just start a new loan instead. Annoying because now I have a new hard pull on my credit.

That's horrible. You think they'd have fixed it by now. This was over a year ago for me, so I can't remember which department at Apple ended up fixing it. They had to get the Apple Care + transferred over first, if I remember correctly, and then it was escalated up to a senior engineer. I would recommend emailing Tim Cook so someone on the executive support team can look into it as well. I do not recommend signing up for a new loan as it will pull another hard inquiry on your credit report vs a soft for a renewal. All I know for certain is that it is on Apple's end, not Citizens One.

IspepAloc

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Chicago, IL
That's horrible. You think they'd have fixed it by now. This was over a year ago for me, so I can't remember which department at Apple ended up fixing it. They had to get the Apple Care + transferred over first, if I remember correctly, and then it was escalated up to a senior engineer. I would recommend emailing Tim Cook so someone on the executive support team can look into it as well. I do not recommend signing up for a new loan as it will pull another hard inquiry on your credit report vs a soft for a renewal. All I know for certain is that it is on Apple's end, not Citizens One.
I'm on the phone trying a different approach than what I did yesterday. I'm going to try to have them fix my AppleCare+ since it's not linked in my devices on the support page.

Looking at my invoice I see that my Applecare+ is for the iPhone 11 PRO or iPhone 11 Max which is amazing since it didn't exist last year.

Update: welp that failed. Back to limbo and waiting for a response from my tim cook email last night.

Last edited:

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
I keep getting error message on pre approval for iPhone upgrade. I have TMobile. Anyone else?

Here’s the reply I just received from Apple:

“I’m sorry about that. Right now T-Mobile’s verification process is under maintenance, we are working diligently to resolve this in a timely fashion for all of our T-Mobile customers. Hang tight with us, and please continue checking back throughout the day.”

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Here’s the reply I just received from Apple:

“I’m sorry about that. Right now T-Mobile’s verification process is under maintenance, we are working diligently to resolve this in a timely fashion for all of our T-Mobile customers. Hang tight with us, and please continue checking back throughout the day.”
Hmm. Interesting. Then why did other regular Sim t mobile users get through. Strange

Andrewperdomo123

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Question:
I am applying for 1st time and I am preapproved, that means everything is good to checkout on Friday or I can still get declined when I place the order?

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
It’s a serial number mismatch issue (at least that was the case for me). Did you have your phone replaced at any point? The iUP has record of the old SN, not the replacement, so a replacement device isn’t technically enrolled in iUP. Took many calls before Apple finally fixed it a week later, the day before pre-orders started last year

That’s the weird part. Nothing was replaced. It’s the phone they shipped me last year. They are working on it, but I may be going to a store on launch day.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
It was the e sim. I went in store and got a physical Sim and it worked right away.
[doublepost=1568246331][/doublepost]Okay. I got accepted for pre approval but the phone isn't in my cart. Weren't we able to do that last year?

Anyone have it in their cart after pre approval

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It was the e sim. I went in store and got a physical Sim and it worked right away.
[doublepost=1568246331][/doublepost]Okay. I got accepted for pre approval but the phone isn't in my cart. Weren't we able to do that last year?

Anyone have it in their cart after pre approval
No it won't be in the cart, was never in the cart last year. On pre-order day, right when you open the apple store app on your idevice, on the Discover section on the top, you will be able to tap on that and then add to cart on pre-order day.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
No it won't be in the cart, was never in the cart last year. On pre-order day, right when you open the apple store app on your idevice, on the Discover section on the top, you will be able to tap on that and then add to cart on pre-order day.
I had it saved as a heart. Unless that was with the iPhone x.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Got transferred to Apple in the Agreements Department and he had me go to checkcoverage.apple.com and give my serial number. Apparently, having AppleCare+ is part of the criteria for determining if you are in the Upgrade Program or not. And for some reason, it completely dropped off my phone and account. The guy filed an escalation ticket and he said check back in a day or two and everything should be all set. Going to cross my fingers.

I just had the exact same problem!! I only knew my Applecare+ coverage was about to drop because of a post on here from a confused new IUP member who didn't understand why their coverage was expiring after a year. I checked mine and I was in the same boat. I didn't get an explanation for why it happened but the Agreements agent was able to get the ball rolling on getting me fixed.

Psant

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Update on this:

Got transferred to Apple in the Agreements Department and he had me go to checkcoverage.apple.com and give my serial number. Apparently, having AppleCare+ is part of the criteria for determining if you are in the Upgrade Program or not. And for some reason, it completely dropped off my phone and account. The guy filed an escalation ticket and he said check back in a day or two and everything should be all set. Going to cross my fingers.
Another update, within 24 hours, it looks like someone looked at the escalation ticket. I tried to upgrade through the iPhone Upgrade Program link and it all worked! Put all my preferences in and got pre-approved

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
My T-Mobile account (militarily discount) still isn’t eligible to be used on Apple.com for the Apple upgrade program

I chatted w T-Mobile for 30-45 mins early this am. Rep promised that I would get a callback w resolution today. I never received a call.

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
My T-Mobile account (militarily discount) still isn’t eligible to be used on Apple.com for the Apple upgrade program

I chatted w T-Mobile for 30-45 mins early this am. Rep promised that I would get a callback w resolution today. I never received a call.

No pre-pre order for me. Woke up to this...

Attachments

• 6DBB5A90-7CB6-4EF9-9E3B-BBF1CA8ABF58.png
    6DBB5A90-7CB6-4EF9-9E3B-BBF1CA8ABF58.png
    375.7 KB · Views: 82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.