Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
When you get pre approved does that also mean they approve you for the loan?
Yes everything, the model of phone, specs,color (fixed cannot change after this), carrier preapproval, and finally loan approval for the new phone. I love the process thats all done before the madness of preorder day. Makes the one click complete preorder easy and no problems other than maybe trying to get in for a bit...

scotland007

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
For some reason i am getting an error after i select apple care on the pre-approval. Running iOS 13 beta so unsure if that is messing it up.

Psant

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
I just cut to the chase and escalated it via Tim Cook's email... cuz I wasn't getting anywhere on the phone.
Did that help?
[doublepost=1568155361][/doublepost]
In the same boat where I put in my Serial Number and IMEI and it says that I’m not enrolled.

Also went to the Citizens One loan page and there doesn’t seem to be any recent payments made (though I have been doing it for the past 11-12 months)

Not sure what to do, but reaching out to support now.
Update on this, on the phone now and Citizens One says I have made 12/24 successful loan payments and that I have AppleCare+. They also verified I have the same model of iPhone that I have currently.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
same here. random question - is your apple care+ showing up? cuz that is also missing.

they told me on the phone there was some kind of issue that they were working on fixing. I hope this is related.
Same issue here. They had me call Citizens. They thought it was because I changed my payment method to the Apple Card. Citizens confirmed this is not the case.

Round and around we go!

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
I just did the apple upgrade program(pre approval). renewal went very smooth. I have verizon, but that does not matter.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Did that help?
Update on this, on the phone now and Citizens One says I have made 12/24 successful loan payments and that I have AppleCare+. They also verified I have the same model of iPhone that I have currently.
From my experience, it’s an issue on Apple’s end. Nothing to do with Citizens.
[doublepost=1568158275][/doublepost]
Same issue here. They had me call Citizens. They thought it was because I changed my payment method to the Apple Card. Citizens confirmed this is not the case.

Round and around we go!
If Apple tells you to call Citizens, it’s a huge waste of time.

Reactions: jbachandouris

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Did that help?

I already got a call back from executive relations and they are working on it. So I would say yes. Not fixed yet though.

IspepAloc

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Chicago, IL
I already got a call back from executive relations and they are working on it. So I would say yes. Not fixed yet though.
How’d you word the email?

I spoke to someone in AppleCare support that seemed to be very helpful. She had a southern accent and transferred me to a woman named Abby. She Said it may take up to 2 days to fix but should be fixed by Thursday.

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010

I spoke to someone in AppleCare support that seemed to be very helpful. She had a southern accent and transferred me to a woman named Abby. She Said it may take up to 2 days to fix but should be fixed by Thursday.

Nice. I hadn't gone the AppleCare route but good to know.

here's my original email:
Hello-

I have just spent an hour on the phone with various representatives who can’t tell me why my iPhone isn’t showing up as eligible for the iPhone upgrade program (nor showing that I have AppleCare+ on this device). Even though I am paying the monthly payments and have made 12 payments, something isn’t reflecting this properly on Apple’s system.

I bought this iPhone XS Max in September 2018 and love it, and I am ready to upgrade to the 11 Pro max. The camera looks great.

Can someone on your team please help me with this issue? Thank you!

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
You are in the right spot. They were the ones who fixed it for me last year.
[doublepost=1568160457][/doublepost]

Don’t trust them. Told me the same thing last year and it never got fixed until the executive team got involved.

Reactions: billhelm

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
You are in the right spot. They were the ones who fixed it for me last year.
[doublepost=1568160457][/doublepost]
Don’t trust them. Told me the same thing last year and it never got fixed until the executive team got involved.

thanks for that tip, skips all the bouncing around on the phone.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
About 2-3 years ago, Apple let you change your Apple ID. I changed it from Gmail to iCloud. Well, guess what? The pre-approval email went to the Gmail address last year AND this year. So freaking annoying. Called 1800 Apple and no one there had a clue. He thought the App store were the people who could fix the email. Last year, they blamed Citizens,

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I just cut to the chase and escalated it via Tim Cook's email... cuz I wasn't getting anywhere on the phone.
smh. Do you email Jeff Bezos when your amazon order is missing a Twinkie? So unnecessary and entitled.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
smh. Do you email Jeff Bezos when your amazon order is missing a Twinkie? So unnecessary and entitled.
Your analogy makes no sense. If a Twinkie is missing from your order you make a simple call and problem is corrected. Go back and look at the threads from previous years; not a simple fix. Took 2 weeks to correct mine last year and it was only fixed when executive relations became involved.

When you spend hours on the phone, get passed from department to department, get misinformation, calls not returned...how would you suggest people get the issue resolved?

Reactions: billhelm

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Just had the preorder work without issue for the two phones we have. If it spins and goes nowhere, try killing the Apple Store app and start over. Worked fine for me after that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.