Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Here is the redesigned Apollo IM.. it's Really Cool! but i personally still like MobileChat for some reason.. but this well do untill MobileChat has an Update..!!

http://www.apolloapp.com/

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
My one, big request is this: When the iPhone is put to sleep, keep my IM connected and vibrate/sound/popup when I get a message. Does ApolloIM do this yet?

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
My one, big request is this: When the iPhone is put to sleep, keep my IM connected and vibrate/sound/popup when I get a message. Does ApolloIM do this yet?

Not Sure yet.. I don't work wit them.. lol if I did that be cool. But we'll just have to try it out and see...

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
OKAY it's Showing now.. it will not be in the update.. it's called APOLLO 1.0 unstall the old one b4 you install the new one... you will need BSD SubSystem installed first!!!

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
It's in the installer now.

As DJMX said it is not an update, you must uninstall apollo, then install the new one.

It works great and looks great, but I had trouble editing my user name and had to delete my user name and re-enter my info. I had a typo and when I went back in to edit, it would not let me click the user name. I was able to finally get it to accept my password change click after a few tries, but not my user name.

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
New York
I really like this new UI.

The only problem I see is that there is no indication of whether someone is online via regular settings or if they're on their mobile phone. I usually don't bother talking to folks when they're on mobile.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
The UI is Awesome but there is no sound or Notification indicator... doesn't even vibrate... when get a IM... "2 thumps down" You can remove sn by clicking on edit and then go to Delete User..

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Okay it needs a lot of Work... way to slow processing im's no sound no im when it's not in Im window... MobileChat is still ahead... I can't wait for mobileChat update!

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Having never used mobilechat, I decided to stick it on there. When you sign in to mobile chat apollo comes up and takes over, so I uninstalled apollo and signed back in to mobile chat.

It's much faster and easier to see and use with better options. So I guess this was not a successful update for apollo. As said before it seems meaty, heavy, and sluggish.

willxm

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2007
I would like these native apps to loose the "stay alive" feature as it drains the battery faster. What they should do is implement what flickim uses. Messages are left on the server while you are "away". You can even receive an IM or an email saying that you have messages (you only get one despite receiving multiple emails, which is good). This way you can always be "online" but you dont have to sacrifice the battery life. Stay online 24/7, only use battery life when your actively chatting.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Change log

Code:
    * Added support for DotMac, ICQ, MSN in addition to AIM. Through libpurple.
    * Buddylist notification of open conversation
    * Multiple account sign on - I've been on 8 accounts at once, although, I wouldn't recommend more than 2-3 active accounts on edge, otherwise it gets slow real quick
    * Sectioned buddy list by accounts
    * Away / Unaway via the pretty green dot in the upper right. Tap it, turns red, you're away. Tap it again, turns green, you're back.
    * Support for Alias'd buddy names.
    * Support for Status Messages - shows up in the buddy list
    * Time Stamps in conversation windows
    * Removed Buddyinfo, for now
    * Preparing to add a pane to "Settings" - eliminates need for "Prefs" button for us, will allow extended user options
    * Completely brand new UI.
    * Entire application is brand new, recoded from the bottom up. Stability should be amazingly enhanced.
    * Wifi Keepalive still requires summerboard.

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
anyone else having problems downloading Apollo? When I tried to download it, it says

" Error "
Package file size mismatch!

I already uninstall ApolloIM then install 1.0 and already have BSD Subsystem.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
anyone else having problems downloading Apollo? When I tried to download it, it says

" Error "
Package file size mismatch!

I already uninstall ApolloIM then install 1.0 and already have BSD Subsystem.

Restart your iPhone....

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
anyone else having problems trying to download apollo from installer.app? Mine still says file mismatch

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Hmmm... that's weird mine installed perfectly fine..are you using Edge or WiFi..?

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
If you get an SMS text while in Apollo, dont click to read it.. click ignore. It will crash apollo if you click to view it.

Simply press your home button, and manually go view it.

Only bug I see so far! Awesome release!

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
Hmmm... that's weird mine installed perfectly fine..are you using Edge or WiFi..?

I used EDGE, should I be using WIFI? One thing, when I tried to download, halfway through, it'll stop installing then said file mismatch. When installing, does it say 4mb? should it be less? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.