Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Two Known Facts:

1. Creating Windows bootable USB feature removed from Big Sur and later version.
  2. Boot Camp Assistant no longer available on Apple Silicon Mac.

So if you want to create a Windows bootable USB on M1 Mac, you can either use Terminal or third-party app to finish the job. Actually, this is another giveaway of the same app (UUByte ISO Editor). The initial giveaway was ended two years ago.

Why I restarted a new giveaway? The most important reason is that I still received message from users asking for free code. These are the ones who saw my first giveaway. Secondly, Boot Camp app is also useless on Big Sur/Monterey and M1 Macs. Lastly, Terminal is not user friendly for normal users.

Main feature of UUByte ISO Editor for Mac:

• Support the latest Windows 11 ISO as well as Windows 10/Windows 8/Windows 7.
  • Run flawlessly on Intel and Apple Silicon Mac.
  • Compatible with macOS Monterey, Big Sur and Catalina to Sierra.
  • Split install.wim (over 4 GB) automatically.
  • Easy-to-understand UI.
  • ISO Editing (open, extract, edit and create)

Download link: https://www.uubyte.com/download/uubyte-iso-editor.dmg

Giveaway: 20 Free Licence codes for Macrumor users

Rules:
Please leave a comment why you need this app urgently. We hope these free keys to be delivered to the ones who really need it.

App screenshot:

uubyte-iso-editor-mac-monterey.png

Last edited:

Colstan

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2020
I may not be your target audience, but I'd like it give it shot to try to get Windows 11 installed on my Intel Mac mini. As you are probably aware, Boot Camp doesn't officially support Win11, and thus a standard upgrade doesn't work. I've tried a guide for using a bootable USB, but couldn't get my Mac to recognize the Windows installer. (The USB drive works fine on other computers and inside macOS Monterey.) Your app offers an alternative method to create an ISO, which I would like to attempt using. I think it's worth a shot on my part because you have built a quality utility, while the alternatives have been less than useful.

Reactions: lostPod

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
@Colstan Please check your inbox as I just sent a free code to you.

One thing to note is that Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot, which may not be available on your Mac Mini. You need make some changes in Registry to install Windows 11 on your Mac. If you had issue on this, there are many online tutorials you can check out.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Colstan

Colstan

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2020
Thank you very much for the code, I've checked many of those guides for Windows 11, and the problem I always ran into was the ISO. You make a quality utility, so I'm hoping it works out better than what I previously attempted. I appreciate it, very much so.

edonissan

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2022
Two Known Facts:

1. Creating Windows bootable USB feature removed from Big Sur and later version.

So if you want to create a Windows bootable USB on M1 Mac, you can either use Terminal or third-party app to finish the job. Actually, this is another giveaway of the same app (UUByte ISO Editor). The initial giveaway was ended two years ago.

Why I restarted a new giveaway? The most important reason is that I still received message from users asking for free code. These are the ones who saw my first giveaway. Secondly, Boot Camp app is also useless on Big Sur/Monterey and M1 Macs. Lastly, Terminal is not user friendly for normal users.

• Easy-to-understand UI.

Rules:
The candidates should have more than 10 posts and registration date should be over one month. Also leave a comment why you need this app urgently. We hope these free keys to be delivered to the ones who really need it.

App screenshot:

View attachment 1990760
I need This Registered Code for my macbook pro M1 cauase I want to make bootable windows on it & in my OS Monterey Boot Camp Assistant don't have it & thanks before

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 2.32.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 2.32.25 PM.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 289

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
@edonissan It is really hard to create a bootable Windows USB installer on Monterey and M1 Mac. I could totally understand your frustration with Boot Camp app. Please check your inbox for the free license code.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Good morning. Trying to help a friends son get Windows installed on a junkyard PC they found. It all works, had vista on it, specs support Win 10. I bought him an SSD for his birthday and making a USB installer has failed. Tried etcher with no luck and one other one, Win Pass Key I think, and that never would complete its task. My friend is a few thousand KM a way otherwise I could just make one with a Windows PC here. They only have an iMac so have to use that.

Thanks!

liynus

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2004
Two Known Facts:

• Easy-to-understand UI.

Rules:
Please leave a comment why you need this app urgently. We hope these free keys to be delivered to the ones who really need it.

App screenshot:

View attachment 1990760
Thank you would love a code now turning some older macs into windows 10 boxes and this would help

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Good morning. Trying to help a friends son get Windows installed on a junkyard PC they found. It all works, had vista on it, specs support Win 10. I bought him an SSD for his birthday and making a USB installer has failed. Tried etcher with no luck and one other one, Win Pass Key I think, and that never would complete its task. My friend is a few thousand KM a way otherwise I could just make one with a Windows PC here. They only have an iMac so have to use that.

Thanks!

Etcher does not support Windows 10 ISO as far as I know. Also WinPass Key can only create bootable password reset disk instead of bootable installation media. Please check your inbox for the license key.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Etcher does not support Windows 10 ISO as far as I know. Also WinPass Key can only create bootable password reset disk instead of bootable installation media. Please check your inbox for the license key.
I originally tried Etcher with Windows 7 as well with no luck. Thanks, got the license and will be connecting with my friends son this evening to give this a go!

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
I got the free license but I can't seem to register it without an email. I tried putting in my email but that did not work with the free registration code. What am I doing wrong here?

**never mind, he did not type in the email correctly. Working over Discord screen sharing and it is not the greatest. All loaded and burning a USB now. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Used it last night with my friends son over Discord. Easily and successfully made a USB installer for Windows 7 and Windows 10. Really is hassle free and worked first time. Super helpful, thanks Joe!!

MoerBoer

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2018
I would love to try this as I’ve been having endless issues trying to install Windows 10 on my Mac Pro 5.1. I’m not sure if this program can help with such an old machine?

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
I would love to try this as I’ve been having endless issues trying to install Windows 10 on my Mac Pro 5.1. I’m not sure if this program can help with such an old machine?

As far as I know, there is no problem to install Windows 10 on Mac Pro 5.1. However, the whole process could be time consuming on a vintage Mac. Please back up your Mac first before trying out.

P.S. Check you inbox for free code.

osxfr33k

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2019
I would like to try this on my MacPro5,1. I have Catalina installed so BootCamp Assistant does not support MacPro5,1 on Catalina I suppose. I would like to burn to a USB 2 flash drive Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. If you would like for me to leave a review I will. The interface looks fantastic, much easier that Rufus for windows and that didn't even work, it flashes it for a windows machine not for a Mac unless there is a setting for it in Rufus that I am unaware of. I still rather work with your application. Thanks

Last edited:

Jockero

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2022
Hungary
Yes. Please share more details about it.
I changed my intel imac to a silicon mac mini. I work usually with adobe apps what available on m1 too, but I got a personalization work on Printshop Mail that has only windows. I have a minimal dell machine, but i cant make a workable windows install on m1. I tried many way without success. I found a possible solution for that via uubyte.

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
@Jockero oh, isee. It is really a challenging job to do this on Monterey. Please download the latest version of UUByte ISO Editor (support Apple M1 Chip) and check your inbox for the reg code.

Reactions: Jockero

rajtilak

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2022
Does this app support Intel Mac as well? My home PC can't boot up and I need to make a bootable Windows 10 USB to reinstall the OS. It is 2015 MacBook Pro with Monterey. Many thanks if the free code is still available.

Last edited:

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Does this app support Intel Mac as well? My home PC can't boot up and I need to make a bootable Windows 10 USB to reinstall the OS. It is 2015 MacBook Pro with Monterey. Many thanks if the free code is still available.

Hi Rajtilak,

UUByte ISO Editor has excellent support for both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs. Please don't worry about that. In addition, you can run this app on latest macOS Monterey.

df3475

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
I would love a code.

I have a M1Pro MacBook Pro for Work and found a 2017 MacBook Pro that I am allowed to use as well. I would like to install windows 11 to it, but without the detour windows 10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.