Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abeautifuldesignnc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Does anybody know how to access shared purchases on iOS 11? You used to be able to go with under updates and see other people in your family plans purchases, but that's no longer the case from what I am seeing. Any ideas?

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
I’d like to know this as well since I can’t use the Apple store free airpano (redeem doesn’t work) so had my son do it and wanted to see if I could use his “purchase” but can’t find family anywhere in the app.

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
Tap on the User thumbnail in the AppStore top right corner. I remember reading somewhere that's where it was relocated to.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
There's no need to "hold them accountable" on the first beta.

Ugh. Beta testing season.
??? All I'm saying is people should be bringing this stuff up so they take care of it by the time the final is released, you don't just stay quiet and "hope" these issues are taken care of.

Reactions: crf8

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It's all in the approach. Use the tools available to report the bug? Yes. "Hold them accountable" and "make sure they bring it back"? Sort of aggressive for a Beta 1. Pretty sure that's one of those things that isn't going anywhere...

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
??? All I'm saying is people should be bringing this stuff up so they take care of it by the time the final is released, you don't just stay quiet and "hope" these issues are taken care of.

I feel as if you're trying to imply Apple "forgot" about this functionality and wouldn't have ever thought to re-implement it if we didn't provide the feedback.

As others have said, this beta was released with Apple being aware not everything was functional or implemented yet. This is one of those features. Additionally, things related to the App Store backend are all very fragile, and this falls under the umbrella.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I feel as if you're trying to imply Apple "forgot" about this functionality and wouldn't have ever thought to re-implement it if we didn't provide the feedback.

As others have said, this beta was released with Apple being aware not everything was functional or implemented yet. This is one of those features. Additionally, things related to the App Store backend are all very fragile, and this falls under the umbrella.
Yes, but we don't know what's on their internal list of things to be fixed or restored, so we must report everything so they're aware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.