Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
lol. Dayum. It’s amazing how omitting a few words can cause a half billion fine. Whew. CEO of a company that size isn’t for the weak.

Reactions: jhwalker

uuee6543

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2015
Now for all the people that keep yelling Apple should quit its business in the EU. Guess what would happen to Tim and all the Apple staff when the shareholders loose 30% of their money …
While EUROPE does account for 30% of their revenue, that includes ALL of Middle East, non EU countries such as UK, Norway, Switzerland etc, Turkey and so on. I wouldn’t be surprised if EU accounted for less than 15pc since Android is considerably more popular in European Union than iOS, with Android phones being sometimes as much as 10x as popular as iPhones.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Cook has to go, he is destroying Apple.

Is that your final verdict?

You realize this was from FIVE YEARS ago, right? Apple is very strong and profitable. Shareholders are just _____ ______ (you fill in the blanks) when they can't get unlimited earnings from Apple's hard work year after year. Now if shareholders actually had to earn (sow) what they reap, that would change things in a hurry.

I wish Apple would go private to eliminate this nonsense.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Shouldn't Tim pay this out of his pocket?

Tim's not responsible for the emotion-driven decisions of stock holders. He shouldn't be held responsible for any drastic fluctuations. People are responsible for their own decisions. In the stock market, isn't the "long road" the better play?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
It was cheaper to settle.
Even though I think Apple did no wrongdoing, it's hard to imagine they'd spend more than half a billion on legal fees right? I also wonder if they're afraid discovery would reveal anything that could negatively impact their reputation, even if it's legal.

jjdodders

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
How long do we give Tim Cook? It seems like he's taking Apple through some rough patches lately... declining demand in china has been clear for a while now, cancelled Apple Car, cancelled Mini-LED Watch, the Watch patent debacle, NO iPads all 2023, there just seems to be a lot not going well right now. How long are they going to keep him for?

SpotOnT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2016
How much money is Apple hemorrhaging on average daily due to legal issues?

When your big, everyone figures they can get a piece of you.

Apple isn’t spending more money on legal fees/fines than any of the other ultra large companies.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I love Apple products, but this kind of thing looks bad. What’s going on over there? It seems like a weekly thing now.

Last edited:

Manzanito

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2010
Apple is behaving like a spoiled kid lately, and all that, but…

Cook is to blame for not having a cristal ball or something?

Reactions: jhwalker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.