Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
License wave-technology from Bose's wave radio into the G5 iMacs. Would get more people interested in them computers.

verozov

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2005
Columbia, SC
ipod headphones

while on the sound subject, does anyone know how good the in-ear headphones apple has out now are?

i was thinking about getting some and didn't know whether they were worth the money...

aesth3tic

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
University of Washington
verozov said:
while on the sound subject, does anyone know how good the in-ear headphones apple has out now are?

i was thinking about getting some and didn't know whether they were worth the money...

I got my first pair of in-ear headphones and they are really worth it. very comfortable, nice sound (just make sure you stick them in all the way)....i got em and i love them....40.00 is kind of steep...o well.

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
Sir_Giggles said:
I've looked in some of the audiophile magazines and you wouldn't believe some speakers cost $20,000 each. Crazy stuff.

FYI: Wilson Audio Alexandria X2 speakers cost $125,000 a pair and weigh 2286 lbs combined.

Also, I think Apple should stay out of the speaker category. It's a cutthroat market, and they would do well to steer clear of it. There are far too many manufacturers out there to make it a lucrative and profitible market. I wouldn't buy speakers just because of the Apple name. I'd want a pair from a reputable well-established company who's specialty is speakers.

RealDeal

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2004
please not Bose! sounds like music in the shower...

Bose has won few awards for sound quality (in a recent email reply, they couldn't indicate one!), and has a "novel" sibiliance method for 3D soundstage that distorts sound badly.

I had a Bose in a new Mercedes and it sucked badly!

They are the MS of the speaker world relying on bombardment marketing rather than a quality product to achieve sales sucess.

Go to any high-end hi-fi shop for confirmation (Bose is not sold..)

If looking high-end (especially for compact speakers) - the UK market is acknowledged award-winning world's best for about 3 decades...the UK range available in NorthAmerica unfortunately not the full set available in Europe.

Hopefully Apple will go for quality rather than marketing.

btw the hi-fi is TAG-Mclaren Audio, Rega (yup the turntable still whips a $5k CD and separate DAC), with high-end Mission speakers (used to work at sister co. McLaren Formula 1), as well as Linn Classik (bit edgy, but super compact). Got a cheapo Yamaha/ wharfedale surround sound TV (maybe cdn$1k) that whipped a Bose setup 5x the price. A *nice* snob :D

tveric

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
Flying Llama said:
guess its not ging to be january... maybe february!! ;) :rolleyes:

Or maybe March! or maybe April! Or maybe later this year! Or maybe 2006! Or maybe never!

I'll bet you any amount of money that I'm right on one of those guesses!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.