Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Yeah I think I pay £350 a year and that even covers our iPhones and iPads if we smash them or lose them away from the home. I suppose a lot of homes in the US are made or wood or clad, whereas here it’s very rare to find a home made from anything other than brick. You’d lose the lot if they was a fire. You get stung by a lot by the sounds but I wouldn’t risk it personally.
Lets not forgot our roofs are made from what you use on your sheds :D

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
My rule of thumb is that I will get warranty only when it’s 10% of the final price of the product or less. I haven’t bought warranty for any of my apple products in ages (only one was for my 5k imac in 2017). iPhone, ipad, Apple TV, AirPods, M1 MBA, I didn’t bother with applecare at all.

Reactions: Barbareren

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I haven’t bought warranty for any of my apple products in ages (only one was for my 5k imac in 2017)
So did i in late 2015, 2 years ago screen was replace for pink tinge, tech drove 4 hours to do it in home, AC was worth every cent.

Reactions: Abazigal

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I have a 12 Max and actually prefer the feel of it in a case. I also always have a screen protector on whatever phone I’m using.

Since the phone is protected I don't see the need to buy AppleCare+ right now.

Depending though on how long I plan to keep the 12 Max I might purchase the $10/month AppleCare+ option right at day 364 of owning it, before the normal warranty expires, since you can keep the monthly plan as long as you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.