Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Ugh here we go again.
MANDATORY VACCINES NOW!
MANDATORY MASKS NOW!
You are free to do that. The government does not have authority to do that
Not for children…..(who can’t get vaxxed because the vaccines are still considered too dangerous for them)
Luckily under 18 only accounts for .05% of all COVID deaths and they are more likely to die from the flu then COVID in a typical year….

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
If the majority of Americans were vaccinated, the variants would have less of an impact. And yes, rich nations need to do more to help others get the vaccine. It will help them, and ultimately us.
I’ve been told the vaccinated are passing this as well…and a majority of Americans are vaccinated. 70% of people over 18 are vaccinated

Reactions: DanTSX

Mrjetsondc

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2020
You are free to do that. The government does not have authority to do that

Luckily under 18 only accounts for .05% of all COVID deaths and they are more likely to die from the flu then COVID in a typical year….

my favorite thing about modern society is how the death of a few children is a perfectly valid trade off for the FREEDOM to be a first class jerk and not mask them up.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Apple has temporarily shut down its retail store located in Charleston, South Carolina after more than 20 staff members were exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, reports Bloomberg.

According to the website for the store, it will be shuttered until Monday, August 23. According to Bloomberg, stores of this size typically have 70 to 80 employees, so around a quarter of the staff may have been exposed.
Hope everyone that works there fares OK, and those that visited just before.

RedWing512

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
Why should they be forced to get breathed upon by anti vaxxers?

would you apply for their wage? Or even double their wage, to just get anti vaxxers breathing on you?
You do know that vaccinated people carry the same viral load as the un-vaxxed, and can spread it just as easily? It's no different than catching a cold or the flu -- and you can die from all three (due to pneumonia).

It's time for this pansie-ass world we live in to put on their adult pants and face the world.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
You do know that vaccinated people carry the same viral load as the un-vaxxed, and can spread it just as easily? It's no different than catching a cold or the flu -- and you can die from all three (due to pneumonia).

It's time for this pansie-ass world we live in to put on their adult pants and face the world.
652,000 dead and counting…..

Johnny907

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2014
Why should they be forced to get breathed upon by anti vaxxers?

would you apply for their wage? Or even double their wage, to just get anti vaxxers breathing on you?
… forced? I’m sorry who is ”forcing” anyone to go to work right now? My job requires me to fly all over the world, which I never stopped doing during the pandemic because I have bills to pay and a family to provide for, but I sure as heck increased my commission to justify the added risk and quarantined at home in the far side of my house away from my family when I got home. That’s how reality works.

Apple could afford to pay better to offset the current risks for in person contact jobs like this, but they don’t, and that is why they are having staffing shortage issues.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin

unvaccinated people account for 80% of all intensive care cases here at the hospitals. I know a few people who died of Covid, especially fathers. I don’t know anyone who died from a flu (personally). One family didn’t believe in Covid, they said the government just wants to put a chip in you (phones duh?) and they all contracted Covid-19 (total of 12) 2 weeks ago and their grandmother is about to die. Well done ?????? I feel bad for the grandma, I hope it is going to hunt them forever

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
… forced? I’m sorry who is ”forcing” anyone to go to work right now? My job requires me to fly all over the world, which I never stopped doing during the pandemic because I have bills to pay and a family to provide for, but I sure as heck increased my commission to justify the added risk and quarantined at home in the far side of my house away from my family when I got home. That’s how reality works.

Apple could afford to pay better to offset the current risks for in person contact jobs like this, but they don’t, and that is why they are having staffing shortage issues.
Ok. Close the stores indefinitely then.

people shouldn’t be “bribed” into getting breathed upon by people who just got off a flying bus with 200 unvaxxed people so they can buy a homepod

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Oh my god everyone, let’s try to use logical reasoning. The delta variant was first discovered in December 2020. It’s unfair to blame anti vaxers for it.

At the same time, the fewer people are vaccinated, the more rampant COVID is and the more it can mutate and evade antibodies.

Both facts are true at once. Can both sides just stop being so extreme and try to use common sense?

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
Oh my god everyone, let’s try to use logical reasoning. The delta variant was first discovered in December 2020. It’s unfair to blame anti vaxers for it.

At the same time, the fewer people are vaccinated, the more rampant COVID is and the more it can mutate and evade antibodies.

Both facts are true at once. Can both sides just stop being so extreme and try to use common sense?
If everyone was vaccinated then there would be no argument….

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
You’d think a trillion dollar company could afford to pay their staff well enough that keeping that location fully employed wouldn’t be an issue, and you’d be wrong.
Don’t think there’s a trillion dollars sitting in a chest just to be doled out. Valuation is different from cash at hand. They keep everyone fully employed, no profits to report, stocks crash, valuation comes tumbling down….

Reactions: miq

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
You’d think a trillion dollar company could afford to pay their staff well enough that keeping that location fully employed wouldn’t be an issue, and you’d be wrong.
Don’t think there’s a trillion dollars sitting in a chest just to be doled out. Valuation is different from cash at hand. They keep everyone fully employed, no profits to report, stocks crash, valuation comes tumbling down….

RedWing512

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
652,000 dead and counting…..
1629406595927.png

Yes, and guess what? That's less than 1 percent of the total population of the United States. I don't want to sound glib, but are you seriously going to let a tiny fraction of a percent ruin everyone else's life and dictate how the rest of the nation should act? I would hope not. It sucks that that people have to say goodbye to their loved ones, but life moves on.

In the words of one Yoda, "Death is a natural part of life." Live your life to the fullest, and if it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
View attachment 1820799
Yes, and guess what? That's less than 1 percent of the total population of the United States. I don't want to sound glib, but are you seriously going to let a tiny fraction of a percent dictate how the rest of the nation should act? I would hope not.

In the words of one Yoda, "Death is a natural part of life." Live your life to the fullest, and if it's your time to go, it's your time to go.
Your math is flawed because the denominator includes people who haven’t been infected. When you just include people who are infected, it’s around 1%. Which doesn’t sound like a lot, but I bet you wouldn’t go on a roller coaster where you have a 99% chance of living

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.