Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
They are leaking, though, to about 20% degree. They protect you from severe illness, but they don't protect you from getting sick and spreading the virus further.
No, they don’t work 100%, at least not without booster shoots, but they will cover your asses if your family and friends are all fully vaccinated.

Flight Plan

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2014
Southeastern US
Minorities can be anti-vaxxers too. Yeah, not what you expected to hear, right?
Minorities don't trust the government. Many think it's a way to experiment on them.
Are you not an informed voter? This was during the debates

And honestly, they’re right. Trump admin rushed the vaccines. Everyone should be suspicious of them.

Also, a montage!

Thank you for responding on my behalf. :)
Or even better, mutate into a variant that completely bypass current immune system, making vaccine much less effective.

Oh yeah. So I guess this virus is still pretty good for us then. Not even 1% death, ignoring all of the emotional breakdown of families who lost their loved ones, who died in their TWENTIES (no medical condition), who suffered serious post Covid complications and could no longer live a normal life they once enjoyed before infecting Covid.
Look, you're letting your emotions get in the way of clear thinking. Take a step back.
Everyone should get boosters of every brand. All my friends are VaxxMaxxed but I’m planning to get GigaVaxxed
Hehehe, that's funny stuff!
Shoot it up! Shoot it ALL up! Go man go!

Then every 6-8 months post up your latest GigaVaxx booster unboxing videos!
I think I'm just going to get the vaccine in IV form so I can have it always. Or maybe they'll come out with a patch! Then there's always the beer-can baseball cap.
I’d have to agree that the virus would disappear. After all, a virus can’t spread without living hosts. ;)
Are you sure about that? I mean, the virus seems to be smart enough to not infect any of the 600 people at former President Barack Obama's birthday party. Why couldn't it be smart enough to just "quantumly spread" to that cat in the box?
Too funny. No, hilarious!

First vid: Harris said she would trust Dr. Fauci's assessment, rather than trump's. Spot-on and correct response. Especially after trump was going on about bleach and hydroxy treatments to combat covid.
Trump never said this. People have taken misrepresentation to a whole new skill level.
As an informed voter, is that how you form opinions and conclusions regarding covid, and politicians worthy of your vote?
Pot calling the kettle black, when the kettle is actually made of stainless steel.

Well, let's talk about firing Dr. Fauxi for being a waffling idiot and putting Andrew Cuomo in jail for killing 15,000 senior citizens in nursing homes. And maybe send "they're killing people" Biden and "I've been to the border" Harris back on vacation for a few days. Good lord, maybe then some of the stupid will have a chance to fall out of the air. Even if it doesn't make room for communication, at least some of us will be able to breathe a little better.
When you hear the term ant-vaxxers in any sort of context over the internet, it's typically talking about Western countries, ussually conservative American's. The point is, blaming a variant that came out of India which did not have widespread access to a vaccine on Florida is not at all accurate or fair.
You're right.

But even if people ignore what you said (they shouldn't, I know), there are a lot of people who, while maybe not full-blown "anti-vax", are suspicious about the limited testing. They have questions, but are only being told "trust us". And then the full-court-press being promulgated by the government and its willing accomplices in the media. Man oh man, these government types are becoming screechingly strident. That by itself makes even me suspicious, and I'm vaccinated!

And NOBODY is talking about the waves of unvaccinated people coming across the southern border. By the thousands. They're not getting vaccinated either. They're being put on buses and transported all over the US. I hope they're not being housed in nursing homes!

Anyhow, it's easier to attract flies with honey than it is with vinegar. And in case you don't see the analogy, insulting people that you think are "anti-vaxxers" is the vinegar. Why not drop the emotion for a minute and just listen for a change?

Reactions: giv-as-a-ciggy-kent

giv-as-a-ciggy-kent

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2020
Aus
Why not drop the emotion for a minute and just listen for a change?
This would require people to confront the possibility that the narrative they’ve been fed may be unreliable or contain half-truths or inconsistencies. A lot of people are either unable or not brave enough to examine their own thought process if it might lead to uncomfortable conclusions.

tridley68

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2014
Serious question: what’s the stated reason for the labor shortage?
The government is paying these people too much money to sit at home and not work my office has been looking for people for over a year we have spent a lot of money advertising for help and have not had one applicant and we pay a pretty decent wage and benefits.

Reactions: I7guy

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
This would require people to confront the possibility that the narrative they’ve been fed may be unreliable or contain half-truths or inconsistencies. A lot of people are either unable or not brave enough to examine their own thought process if it might lead to uncomfortable conclusions.
Because that 1% number removed from the equation those who lived with temporary side effects, those who lived with permanent side effects, those who lived and had an extensive recovery and those who lived as a result of good medical care in the hospital.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.