Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
Wait, everyone here is triggered because of the anti vaxxers, the question i have about this story is “staff shortages” does it have to do with the mandatory Apple COVID policy as well?

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
This is all terminology you heard on the TV.

It’s nursery school level nonsense locking in an infantile intellectual framework, pretending to be a serious response. This phony crisis exists in an area of physical microbiotic reality impossibly beyond both reliable observation or control.

It’s why nothing the CDC claims withstands the gentlest of scrutiny.
"Phony crisis" used up all the ICU beds in some hospitals in Texas and caused them to order more trucks for overflow of dead bodies

supercoolmanchu

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Hollywood
I’d have to agree that the virus would disappear. After all, a virus can’t spread without living hosts. ;)
It’s been detected in papaya fruit, motor oil, wastewater, bare swabs, etc.

But my opinion is irrelevant.

You find a way to see coronaviruses reliably and effectively at 1 micron, and can clearly distinguish from others, then what you “agree” with might be true.

If not, and without some groundbreaking future innovation in research capabilities, it’s all just idle speculation/sensationalism.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
Not for children…..(who can’t get vaxxed because the vaccines are still considered too dangerous for them)
If all adults get the vaccines, children don’t have to. Hurd immunity requires 80% of the population to be immune. Note vaccines are not 100% effective. So, if 90% of the population gets on average a 85% effective vaccine, that will get you 0.9*0.85=76.5%, which is not enough for herd immunity.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Are you not an informed voter? This was during the debates

And honestly, they’re right. Trump admin rushed the vaccines. Everyone should be suspicious of them.

Also, a montage!

Too funny. No, hilarious!

First vid: Harris said she would trust Dr. Fauci's assessment, rather than trump's. Spot-on and correct response. Especially after trump was going on about bleach and hydroxy treatments to combat covid.

Second vid: Seriously? An RNC propaganda video of truncated sound bite cuts with no continuous context, all designed to mislead.

As an informed voter, is that how you form opinions and conclusions regarding covid, and politicians worthy of your vote?

Reactions: eatrains and Sowelu

Mrjetsondc

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2020
It's not a trade off...it's reality. You don't form policy for an entire nation state or region on outliers. We don't mask up schools on an annual basis because 600 kids die a year from the flu.

Answer me this...if you care so much about saving every life possible you surely support my proposal to lower the speed limit to 30 mph nationally. That would save thousands of lives a year. thanks to lower speed wrecks and more reaction time to avoid them in the first place. In 2018 600+ kids under 12 died in car related accidents. Is your freedom to drive over 30 mph worth the all the deaths from car accidents we have every year.
False equivalency so I can’t respond to this. A plague is not the same as car accidents. Also the argument is to take safety measures- a shot in the arm or a seat belt in a car.
As such harm reduction is always the goal- harm removal from any situation is impossible. Not masking is not taking any steps to reduce harm.
anti Vaxxer arguments are easy to knock down. They are not based on fact. You won’t win this.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Delta came from India before the vaccine existed…but sure blame Americans that don’t have the vaccine.
He never said ‘American’s’ … I guess your reading skills need a bump. There is no edit of his post you quoted either. So technically he could be right … regardless of where the world is.

A variant being discovered somewhere doesnt’ mean it couldn’t evolved in people elsewhere.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
He never said ‘American’s’ … I guess your reading skills need a bump. There is no edit of his post you quoted either. So technically he could be right … regardless of where the world is.

A variant being discovered somewhere doesnt’ mean it couldn’t evolved in people elsewhere.
When you hear the term ant-vaxxers in any sort of context over the internet, it's typically talking about Western countries, ussually conservative American's. The point is, blaming a variant that came out of India which did not have widespread access to a vaccine on Florida is not at all accurate or fair.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
You seem to believe we can stop the spread or have the capability of doing that. No country with widespread seeding of this virus has been able to stop the spread.
Do you not understand that those overflowing hospitals are full of unvaccinated people? Unvaccinated people are the problem and who are prolonging this pandemic.

Reactions: nathansz

giv-as-a-ciggy-kent

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2020
Aus
Do you not understand that those overflowing hospitals are full of unvaccinated people? Unvaccinated people are the problem and who are prolonging this pandemic.
Explain. If you and lots of other are vaccinated, why do you care what happens to the unvaccinated?

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Yup...true...they should get vaccinated, not sure why you prolong a pandemic when the preventing their deaths and hopitilizatoins is 99% possible. At this point I'm done making an effort for people who won't make an effort themselves.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
Explain. If you and lots of other are vaccinated, why do you care what happens to the unvaccinated?
If the unvaccinated lived (and died) in a bubble, I wouldn’t. But:

1. No vaccine is 100%. Some people are medically unable to get the vaccine, some people are too unhealthy to have a worthwhile response to the vaccine, and some people just have bad luck. They are vulnerable despite being vaccinated, and the higher the spread the more likely they are to get sick.

2. The unvaccinated are selfishly filling up hospitals and taking up space needed for people with non-COVID emergencies. Oh, you had a stroke and need immediate intensive care? Sorry, some jerk who was too lazy to get a shot took the last bed.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
When you hear the term ant-vaxxers in any sort of context over the internet, it's typically talking about Western countries, ussually conservative American's. The point is, blaming a variant that came out of India which did not have widespread access to a vaccine on Florida is not at all accurate or fair.

I‘d say it’s as accurate and as fair as your statement “ant-vaxxers in any sort of context over the internet, it's typically talking about Western countries, ussually conservative American's” you’ve just validated that the original commenter and myself stating he didn’t say ‘American’s’.

Just cause a ‘term’ started one place doesn’t mean its specific to that place - just like ‘Spanish Flu’ … it didn‘t start in Spain contrary to popular social belief - which is lack of information.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I‘d say it’s as accurate and as fair as your statement “ant-vaxxers in any sort of context over the internet, it's typically talking about Western countries, ussually conservative American's” you’ve just validated that the original commenter and myself stating he didn’t say ‘American’s’.

Just cause a ‘term’ started one place doesn’t mean its specific to that place - just like ‘Spanish Flu’ … it didn‘t start in Spain contrary to popular social belief - which is lack of information.
Fair enough, willing to bet that is what he meant though. You don’t hear people in third world countries who can’t get a vaccine being called anti vaxers

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fair enough, willing to bet that is what he meant though. You don’t hear people in third world countries who can’t get a vaccine being called anti vaxers
I can agree to that, and I’ll go with yes probably what that poster meant.

regarding third world countries mentioning anti-vaxxers … for those countries with non-English native languages (that I surely don’t understand) I wouldn’t know/understand if it was spoken in native tongue anyway lol. not even sure a direct translation of a western N.American term would work anyway. Also mentally people’s of other countries would think about such topics differently I’m guessing.

Either way those that choose to/not to vaccinate is purely their choice, in their right. Just for those that do not should understand and be careful that their solely responsible for their health and be mindful that their choice ‘may’ affect health those of others. We all share in this environment. Victimizing those that chose not to is wrong - I’ve done that months ago and changed that action to not do so and respect others choices.

Reactions: fenderbass146
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.