Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Originally posted by scem0

Sigh...... I have to settle for a Gateway 18" display and a 1.8GHz G5 instead :eek:.

scem0

wait, wait, let me get a box of tissues.

Ok, now you can continue with your sad tale of woe and neglect. :rolleyes:

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
i think i called this, though, that's so odd. i mean they needed to make them match the new G5, but i have mentioned before a lot that i didn't think they would bother upgrading it to USB2 or anything. it's funny how they change things and never mention it.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Originally posted by Shadowfax
i think i called this, though, that's so odd. i mean they needed to make them match the new G5, but i have mentioned before a lot that i didn't think they would bother upgrading it to USB2 or anything. it's funny how they change things and never mention it.

And they need to put a firewire port on them for the iSight. USB2 would be nice, but it isn't going to happen. They would have to get the video card manufacturers on board as well.

They're probably not going to update the displays until about October or November. They're probably making a tremendous profit margin off these old styled, old tech screens. And they know that a certain percentage of people are going to buy a new screen with their new G5, so why not get the higher profit margin. It's probably just another way they're going to cover the R&D on the G5.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
macbytes posted that image yesterday but it is very cool. though, my desk has an elevated monitor stand.. my old apple display sucked, the viewing angle vertically hurt a lot.. cool design, but i guess id need to buy a new desk to use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.