Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
vaccination mandates have been basically ruled unenforceable by the courts as of lately. I still will not return to my previous position but instead take the cash settlement from the class action lawsuit, since I have gotten a better position with a far better company, also as long as the days project gets done, no mandatory daily hours, so some days I can leave at noon, other days its 4 p, along with zero medical requirements, no forced mandatory annual or semi annual routine physical examinations or vaccination requirements, and absolutely no face mask requirements even when it was required by the state and city.
The newest strains of covids are not the killers the original strains were -- which is why things are turning. I am getting my bivalent booster today. Y'all can do what you want at this point.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I’d fire them. No ifs or butts. If people are too lazy to go to work fire them and replace them. I have zero sympathy, we lost so much work ethic/productivity from “at home” jobs. BRB playing games or with kids instead of working

There’s a time for life and a time for work. They don’t go together.

Fire them all apple. Just do it.
I guess you lost so much worth ethic and productivity working remotely.

If you feel unable to work and need to play with your kids all the time, that’s reflective of your work ethic, and frankly if you have such a short attentive span, your performance would suffer compared to others.

The same can’t be said for at least half of the employers in the world.

This is mostly for software engineering disciplines, where there’s more backlash than others.

Last edited:

VuvuzelaiPhone

Suspended
Aug 15, 2022
I’d fire them. No ifs or butts. If people are too lazy to go to work fire them and replace them. I have zero sympathy, we lost so much work ethic/productivity from “at home” jobs. BRB playing games or with kids instead of working

There’s a time for life and a time for work. They don’t go together.

Fire them all apple. Just do it.

What a sad life you must have.

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
What a sad life you must have.
profit is profit. you either work for your money doing the job willing to be done or let someone else do it. the employees not wanting to go back to work, dont have a choice. again, id fire every one person who gives lip about not wanting to come in. They will be replaced.

VuvuzelaiPhone

Suspended
Aug 15, 2022
profit is profit. you either work for your money doing the job willing to be done or let someone else do it. the employees not wanting to go back to work, dont have a choice. again, id fire every one person who gives lip about not wanting to come in. They will be replaced.

You know, we don’t have to structure our society this way. That is a choice you’ve decided to make (likely unconsciously, since you only accept what you’ve been taught).

The lack of meaning in most work outside of profit is precisely the issue. Open your mind.

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
You know, we don’t have to structure our society this way. That is a choice you’ve decided to make (likely unconsciously, since you only accept what you’ve been taught).

The lack of meaning in most work outside of profit is precisely the issue. Open your mind.
profit is the motivation to work. Nothing else. I argue with people in real life over this, they are like im going to quit, im like ok. find better pay, they dont ever leave.

Last edited:

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I bet your attitude would be very popular in China.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
profit is the motivation to work. Nothing else. I argue with people in real life over this, they are like im going to quit, im like ok. find better pay, they dont ever leave.
Probably because the market is a bit crap to leave, but it it is changing.

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
He never replied to my post about his inability to work properly… :p
I make 7 grand a month after tax, which isn't rich in most the us, but here where I live its damn good. I fire/hire often as I manage buildings/property management crews. if they dont show up, or show up late, or complain, I boot em, fill in the spots, and rehire the next person in.

again, zero tolerance for any kind of crying or whining. lemme tell ya, if a worker puts in a suggestion to change how they want things to change, they are kicked. the system in place works, and I wont tolerate anyone trying to change the position that profits me.

I dont care about my employees happiness or their time to play with children. they have a set schedule, they adhere to it, and then live their life before/after the work is done.

dont see the issue here.

Reactions: tridley68

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I make 7 grand a month after tax, which isn't rich in most the us, but here where I live its damn good. I fire/hire often as I manage buildings/property management crews. if they dont show up, or show up late, or complain, I boot em, fill in the spots, and rehire the next person in.

again, zero tolerance for any kind of crying or whining. lemme tell ya, if a worker puts in a suggestion to change how they want things to change, they are kicked. the system in place works, and I wont tolerate anyone trying to change the position that profits me.

I dont care about my employees happiness or their time to play with children. they have a set schedule, they adhere to it, and then live their life before/after the work is done.

dont see the issue here.

Quite frankly, your arrogance shows.

And before you ask or think, yes, I do earn more than you every month after tax, putting me in a position that is sad for where I live. No, income is not relevant.

Your inflexibility may work for you now, but don’t expect the same flexibility to be always awarded to you. I may be young in my career, but I’ve managed enough people to understand and know what makes them better at their work rather than being mediocre. I don’t cherish the “old set ways”, and I’ve happily fought against and won against HR policies instituting a full return to the office.

As you’ve very clearly and aptly demonstrated, you yourself are not suitable to be working in a remote environment because you lack trust in people. That is a bit of a sad life, I think.

But yes, your life revolves around you and what makes you money and that no one else matters. Thinking like that from decades ago are currently unfashionable, and they’ll catch up with you.

I often tend to extract the most out of a workforce, and I’ve been successful. You’re happy in your set, transactional ways.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

dont see the issue here.
thing is, Apple seems to care. I know, I know, unimaginable for you, but they actually have a business interest in being portrayed positively, shocking surprise to some.

FreedomPenguin

Suspended
Aug 18, 2021
Quite frankly, your arrogance shows.

And before you ask or think, yes, I do earn more than you every month after tax, putting me in a position that is sad for where I live. No, income is not relevant.

Your inflexibility may work for you now, but don’t expect the same flexibility to be always awarded to you. I may be young in my career, but I’ve managed enough people to understand and know what makes them better at their work rather than being mediocre. I don’t cherish the “old set ways”, and I’ve happily fought against and won against HR policies instituting a full return to the office.

As you’ve very clearly and aptly demonstrated, you yourself are not suitable to be working in a remote environment because you lack trust in people. That is a bit of a sad life, I think.

But yes, your life revolves around you and what makes you money and that no one else matters. Thinking like that from decades ago are currently unfashionable, and they’ll catch up with you.

I often tend to extract the most out of a workforce, and I’ve been successful. You’re happy in your set, transactional ways.
I guess. either way my cars, toys, are all paid off. in my area rent/mortgage is around 1k. our equal homes here would be million in cali or somewhere. (ohio) dirt cheap cost of living. but yes. I was raised to put yourself first, if you value your work you will make it to the top. I am 32 now and I worked since I was 17 for the government. quite happy in my position. im glad you are making a killing as well.

in the end you and me are successful, no one but ourselves took us to this position.

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
Absolutely incorrect. Working is a bargain.
Really I see it as both a bargain (an exchange of productivity for money) and a privilege. But the privilege also comes more from the environment and the career choices. I am a developer who has worked remote for dang near a decade (way before COVID). That is a privilege. I also once ran a video store while in college. That was also a privilege. I was once a concrete laborer. That was also...you know what? I guess I do believe it really is both. I have health, I have a decent paying job. To me these are all privileges.

And I believe that if someone wants proof of this, imagine your life without your job. How would you live? Where would your food come from? How would you afford your tech habit? Well that last one may be just me..... ;)

Either way it seems a prudent way to live with gratitude for the things that I have worked for and also have been granted to me.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Really I see it as both a bargain (an exchange of productivity for money) and a privilege. But the privilege also comes more from the environment and the career choices.

I agree with that. It is a privilege for both the employer and employee to enter into the bargain together. The moment either feels the bargain is no longer being met either can end it and walk away.

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
I agree with that. It is a privilege for both the employer and employee to enter into the bargain together. The moment either feels the bargain is no longer being met either can end it and walk away.
Very true and one of the best benefits of a free society. I have walked away from many such bargains. :) Good point.

Reactions: SnappleRumors
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.