Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knave1111

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021
This whole thing is a farce. I live in Korea and it’s very monopolistic. Naver is pushed here and so are Samsung and LG products. The dominant pay system is Samsung Pay and not much else. Them going after apple in other countries is just a way to stifle apple

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
And the issue can be resolved by allowing Russian government to install some harmless apps on every Apple device sold. Really harmless. Really.

P.S. Apple’s marketshare is minuscule in Russia - it’s too poor of a country. So this whole thing is a sham.
“Harmless”
“Russia”

No thanks. I have enough CIA back doors.

NBAasDOGG

Suspended
May 27, 2017
Netherlands
TL;DR

Oligarch mafia want to steal more money from companies after FBI hacked and pwned ransomware group. In the mean time they will use all their brainwashed conspiracy theorists in the west to accuse western governments of being controlled by space lizards.

You watch too much BCC and Fox News. Maybe time to read some books or take walk in a park…

Reactions: AppliedMicro

kirk.vino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2017
Russia is bankrupt in many ways. I know it first hand, as I visit my family there every other year. I was there last summer. The pandemic is completely mishandled there in every possible way. Their government would be looking for any possibility to cash in on companies like Apple.

Reactions: SFjohn and zubikov

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
And the issue can be resolved by allowing Russian government to install some harmless apps on every Apple device sold. Really harmless. Really.

P.S. Apple’s marketshare is minuscule in Russia - it’s too poor of a country. So this whole thing is a sham.
yet apple went ahead and put in the suggested download screen in a new set up — something tells me the don't want to lose this minuscule market.

bobenhaus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
I guess apple can stall this for a few years, but in the end they’ ll have to give in.
Shame, it will open the doors for developers like epic to launch their own stores with their own exclusives.

Perhaps exclusive apps on alternative AppStores should be banned too, that is also ati-competitive , isn’ t it?

Why cant developers have their own storefront but it is actually attached to the Apple Appstore ? Basically looks like it their own standalone store but Apple creates the appstore storefronts for the developers ? And probably charge a percentage for their services . Apple is still evil though :)

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Another trash country joins in on the bandwagon. Cant anyone take personal responsibility and just say they will not buy apple products if they dont like the way apple does business???? Everyone has to have a nanny wipe their backside for them when they get an ouchie.

cosmolv

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
Latvia
Who will say...! But Russia talking about anti-trust is kind of funny. :rolleyes:
The country with corruption and their totalitarian regime..

Salvor Hardin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Another trash country joins in on the bandwagon. Cant anyone take personal responsibility and just say they will not buy apple products if they dont like the way apple does business???? Everyone has to have a nanny wipe their backside for them when they get an ouchie.
No because this has never been about what people want It’s always been about what billion/trillion dollar companies and governments wants and that’s to undermine the control Apple has over its products so that there is no barrier between them and exploiting people’s privacy and wallet.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Apple should just allow the links, just charge for use of it's IP. Customer experience be damned.
Apple will allow what they have to, once all is over. Their stubbornness will lead to worse consequences than with corporation.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I wonder if Russia will first investigate Putin for monopolistic hold on power in the country !!
In case you didn’t know it was Biden who asked Putin in Geneva to keep pressure on Apple. Unfortunately Russia is not as sovereign as you might want to believe. The same applies to Germany, EU and all the other “puppet states”.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
In case you didn’t know it was Biden who asked Putin in Geneva to keep pressure on Apple. Unfortunately Russia is not as sovereign as you might want to believe. The same applies to Germany, EU and all the other “puppet states”.
You surely, meant all states around the world ;)

But some people in here think that signs of corruption in states justifies stopping other legal punishments.

Sounds like all rules and laws around the world can be suspended now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I welcome you to the “The Purge”. Have a nice day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.