Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deevey

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2004
I was just wondering how the game will know when you buy something outside of the game.
The credits purchase will simply be linked to your player username as is the case currently with many types of cross platform apps/games.

Will Apple have an API that gets a signal from the outside website to add the currency inside the game?

And if so... is that how Apple will track all purchases made outside the game so they can get their commission?

:p
I assumed that they wouldn't get a cut of non-IAP sales. Billing a developer commission after a sale is made sounds like it would be an administrative and legal nightmare.

HOWEVER, my feelings on the matter is that any developer who decides to go the route of bypassing IAP's gets:

- NO free advertising benefit from the App store (Pay Per impression)
- Does not show up in searches on the store. (PPI except when App name is specifically used e.g. "Spotify")
- Will be hosted on the App store, but only shown when their App link is used (e.g. links from external sites/ads)

Basically, if they want to bypass paying Apple commission, they should start paying for product placement and marketing in its entirety.

Thats the way a number of directly referral websites work. Certainly not as lucrative for Apple as IAP's but it would be incentive for anyone without a gigantic marketing budget to continue using IAP's.

cosmolv

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
Latvia
So all other countries have a clean white vest? This is even funnier ?
I lived under Russia here in Latvia from 1979. - 1991. and believe me i cnow that "kitchen" well.
That "Paranoya" from Russian sequirity agencies are so wierd, that they see aggressors in every country. There are to many false talks from government.

Don't missunderstand me, Russian peoples are super great, but not government and their agencies. These guys are from old stock KGB seqirities mixed with 1990 mafia. You cnow that Putin are Old stock KGB agent? He killed all it's opponents. Starting from Nemtsov and Ending up to Navalny - ho is in jail btw.. Navalny fighted for human rights, but Russian government do not have any human rights in their minds.

Nobody is perfect, but this is something really special.
All top ministers and goverment peoples have relations with mafia and trillions in ofshore banks.
Jails in Russia have sex violations and so many terrible cases that you cannot even imagine - and all this is covered under government..

And this country asking somenhing about App store? Seriously! You gonna be kidding me! ?‍?

Last edited:

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
I lived under Russia here in Latvia from 1979. - 1991. and believe me i cnow that "kitchen" well.
That "Paranoya" from Russian sequirity agencies are so wierd, that they see aggressors in every country. There are to many false talks from government.

Don't missunderstand me, Russian peoples are super great, but not government and their agencies. These guys are from old stock KGB seqirities mixed with 1990 mafia. You cnow that Putin are Old stock KGB agent? He killed all it's opponents. Starting from Nemtsov and Ending up to Navalny - ho is in jail btw.. Navalny fighted for human rights, but Russian government do not have any human rights in their minds.

All top ministers and goverment peoples have relations with mafia and trillions in ofshore banks.
Jails in Russia have sex violations and so many terrible cases that you cannot even imagine - and all this is covered under government..

And this country asking somenhing about App store? Seriously! You gonna be kidding me! ?‍?
Well, you’re more attached to Russia, that’s why Russia topics matters more to you, but this is nothing uncommon in other countries, too. They just do it more, how to say, “professional”, so it looks more okay in public.

Just look at our ex. Federal Chancellor “Gerhard Schröder”, now Putins best buddy.
Or Bolsonaro in Brasil.

Reactions: cosmolv

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
Adding Russia to the list of market Apple should pulled out as suggested by MR comments.

So it is now, EU, UK, AUS, Japan, South Korea, India, Russia

In case anyone wondering why US is missing. Yes, US is the only country with an on going AntiTrust threat or cases that MR wont suggest pulling out of.
Ha ha, so true.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia

Is it what Latvia receives the money from the EU for? I am glad that saying “This Putin guy is baaad, man” is paying off well and Latvia is living a dream now.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
For sure, better than in Russia ;)
Isn’t it nice. Russia is helping individuals and countries to make money just by mere existence. I would hate to think what would have happened to all those individuals and countries if there is no more Russia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.