Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrNeroCF

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2004
Games don't sell hardware???

What the hell is wrong with you people? In the 3 years of being mac-only, I have never once told a person to get a mac, and not have them ask about games. Granted, the non-gamers then think about it, and realize that they don't play games anyway, but it's a mindset. Nintendo is notorious for not having the plethora of games the ps2 has, but they're also notorious for games that can't be found on other consoles. If Apple wants people to no longer hesitate, they need something special, a different mindset of consumers regarding games. Of course, technically advanced games on the computer are about to enter extinction, since the xbox 2 will have a total of 9 gigs, and I'll be dammed if Apple can get dual core dual 3 gigs out by the end of the year. And we all know that video game hardware can outperform a computer over twice its speed.

Personal speculation: computer games like Half Life 2 will be a thing of the past, especially with the ps3's cell processor looking to tear through multimedia, and the Revolution to offer a completely unique experience.

Home consoles will no longer lag behind computers, the market will be completely thrown upside down.

LGRW3919

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2005
cupertino (no joke)
DrNeroCF said:
What the hell is wrong with you people? In the 3 years of being mac-only, I have never once told a person to get a mac, and not have them ask about games. Granted, the non-gamers then think about it, and realize that they don't play games anyway, but it's a mindset. Nintendo is notorious for not having the plethora of games the ps2 has, but they're also notorious for games that can't be found on other consoles. If Apple wants people to no longer hesitate, they need something special, a different mindset of consumers regarding games. Of course, technically advanced games on the computer are about to enter extinction, since the xbox 2 will have a total of 9 gigs, and I'll be dammed if Apple can get dual core dual 3 gigs out by the end of the year. And we all know that video game hardware can outperform a computer over twice its speed.

Personal speculation: computer games like Half Life 2 will be a thing of the past, especially with the ps3's cell processor looking to tear through multimedia, and the Revolution to offer a completely unique experience.

Home consoles will no longer lag behind computers, the market will be completely thrown upside down.

1. processor speeds don't add up in the x+x=2x.
2.i don't think the xbox 2 will have 3 G5s in them...unless microsoft is willing to put a price tag of well over $1000.
3. i do agree with your apple-nintendo connection.

rhombus

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Both Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and all of the expansion packs are available for Mac.

depatrickcie

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
Michigan
Mac Firsts

With Macs success in doing a lot of things first, (USB, DVI, Dual CPU Standard, and 64-bit as a few examples) I think Mac has a great potential for games. What I would like to see is be the first people to make games that not only take full advantage of dual-CPUs (or even the quad-CPUs I hear rumors in the making) and 64-bit. Hell, apple's cimema displays would be the envy of every gamer our there if mac made games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.