Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
😂 Ya, let's trust Snopes. They are completely unbiased.

So in the past 5 months that this report has been published, what has been proven to be incorrect?

And if you are basing your argument on this is all a work in progress, by that definition the entire vaccination program was and still is "work in progress". And this report is far more accurate than any of the vaccination claims.
No worries the data is rolling out now. Was another report that showed the extreme measures taken by some states (CA, NY etc) did not fare any better, or worse, than those went with less extreme measures. (TX, FL etc).

Or the CDC that recently said that 78% of all people hospitalized, ventilated or who died were obese...but as Bill Maher pointed out...you can’t say that anymore.

Last edited:

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland

The lockdowns have proven not to be effective - look at the harshest places like NZ and Australia and they were ineffective. During the Spanish Flu outbreak - they didn't do a lockdown and the virus was far more deadly.
The lockdowns delayed the spread until effective vaccines and treatments could be developed and they reduced exposure of COVID to vulnerable people.

Anyway, I am slightly uneasy about Apple's nuzzling up to the PRC. in the long run, unless the PRC changes its ways, it will not be morally sustainable. What would Apple do if the PRC pulls the trigger and invades Taiwan? I would have said switch to using India, but then India refused to condemn the invasion of Ukraine in the UN (like the PRC).

Last edited:

Lerxt

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
I’m not happy continuing to buy Apple products if they stay in China. Without a major move out of China and preferably to western countries, or at least genuinely democratic countries, I’m likely going to just not replace Apple devices until they are completely non-functional. I’ve already given up on the Watch and I suspect I’ll end up going back to a single family laptop rather than each person having one.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
The lockdowns delayed the spread until effective vaccines and treatments could be developed and they reduced exposure of COVID to vulnerable people.

Anyway, I am slightly uneasy about Apple's nuzzling up to the PRC. in the long run, unless the PRC changes its ways, it will not be morally sustainable. What would Apple do if the PRC pulls the trigger and invades Taiwan? I woudl have said switch to using Inida, but then idea refused to condemn the invasion of Ukraine in the UN (like the PRC).
"What would Apple do if the PRC pulls the trigger and invades Taiwan?"

Nothing. Apple likes money. They have invested quite heavily in China and the world knows what they do to the Uyghurs.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
And if you are basing your argument on this is all a work in progress, by that definition the entire vaccination program was and still is "work in progress". And this report is far more accurate than any of the vaccination claims.
It‘s a data laundering scheme. It’s a non-peer reviewed paper that surveys and summarizes other non-peer reviewed papers, 97% of which weren’t even written by epidemiologists. To say it is more accurate based on that just means you are defining “accurate” as “what I want to believe”. This paper is neither right nor wrong, it’s purely nonsense.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
Apple employees: we don't want to go back to the mother ship
Apple: you can stay home permanently cause we'll just replace you with cheap Chinese engineers for < 1/10 of the cost

The cost of Chinese engineers in China is about 50% compared with the Bay Area, so it's not a huge difference.

Reactions: pbdnr

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well, the prices have definitely been “engineered” at Cupertino. Well, as long as quality doesn’t suffer, it’s alright. If any issues do pop up, US-based engineers will have some cover now.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016

Anyway, I am slightly uneasy about Apple's nuzzling up to the PRC. in the long run, unless the PRC changes its ways, it will not be morally sustainable. What would Apple do if the PRC pulls the trigger and invades Taiwan? I woudl have said switch to using Inida, but then idea refused to condemn the invasion of Ukraine in the UN (like the PRC).

What I can tell you is Apple's business and logistics will not be affected if the PRC acts on Taiwan militarily, as long as they take a neutral stance. Two weeks and everything will be back to normal.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
How about they gtfo of China. Apple is all about virtue signaling when it comes to some issues, but when it comes to the genocide and issues in China they won't do **** because it hurts there bottom line. Same for most of corporate America. Get it out of China to other places and slowly start bringing some back to the West even if it costs some margin or higher prices.

Because the elites are very aware those are just disinformation smear campaigns to influence public opinion.

Reactions: EddieK420

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
What I can tell you is Apple's business and logistics will not be affected if the PRC acts on Taiwan militarily, as long as they take a neutral stance. Two weeks and everything will be back to normal.
Wow, that was terrifyingly indifferent.

Reactions: System603

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
That might be a stretch as they do test manufacturing here in US to test design options. I would think that Apple would be smart to wall off Chinese engineers as much as possible given that nations propensity to absolutely steal IP.

It's not gonna happen unless the US engineers become more competitive in the global labour market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.