Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
As previously stated (you really should do your research), I have interviewed both Christine Maggiore (before she was murdered by her doctor and Big Pharma) and Robin Scovill - the producers of "The Other Side of AIDS". So I am very much up to speed with her story. You state that she died of "HIV" - but you have no proof. I remain convinced that she was murdered, and so was her daughter.
Her doctor killed her by depleting her CD4 cells and giving her disseminated HSV, candidiasis and PJP? Please elaborate how this is achieved.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
No. But as I said, AIDS is almost entirely spread through bad behavior. If resources are so tight that only one charity can be supported, I'd think leukemia would be the pick.

But I'd also accept a charity that helped kids afflicted with diseases they got from their parents.

Which is part of what this charity does, as well as educate people all over the world, and I'd imagine predominantly in Africa about AIDS. Africa is massively undereducated country that needs help combatting the AIDS crisis, yet you're happy to stand there and say "they don't deserve charity because they brought it on themselves"

Frankly, comparing the virtues of one illness to another in order to make a moral argument, is abhorrent. The notion that people, including children with aids don't deserve charity because "they've brought it on themselves" is disgusting, and you're posts have left a vile taste in my mouth.

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
Her doctor killed her by depleting her CD4 cells and giving her disseminated HSV, candidiasis and PJP? Please elaborate how this is achieved.

It's achieved through the modern witchcraft you cited. Either you can't see that or you won't. Or you're part of the machine promoting 'disease' for social engineering purposes and economic gain.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
It's achieved through the modern witchcraft you cited. Either you can't see that or you won't. Or you're part of the machine promoting 'disease' for social engineering purposes and economic gain.
Or you want to believe that someone can be blamed for these senseless deaths rather than it just being an act of nature.

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Apple would do much better focusing their huge pile of money on something else, but, Apple is a left wing leaning organization and the CEO is gay so no surprise.
Wow, this is something my grandfather would have said in 1984!

What does the CEO being gay have to do with this? Apple have supported the AIDS foundation for well over a decade. What really annoys me is people like yourself attach a false stereotype to HIV and AIDS like it only affects gay people. If that were the case then why are more straight people suffering with it worldwide? Africa has a massive problem with the disease and thousands of children are born with it. It is a very worthy cause and Apple have chosen to support it. It's their money and to be honest they are not obliged to support any charities.

Mac Rumors should be embarrassed by some of the opinions shared in this section.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't see anyone angry. I see opinions being voiced that perhaps they feel are better causes. Not everyone has a soft spot for gays with HIV. deal with it.
Do you show more compassion to straight people with HIV?

Or perhaps smokers with lung cancer or people suffering from asbestosis?

This is yet another interesting thread that contains comments that beggars belief. Every answer to every world problem somehow has to be greeted with blunt aggression. I just don't get it?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
As I said earlier, children born with HIV are like crack babies: suffering with the consequences of their parents' bad behavior.

AIDs is almost entirely spread by bad behavior.

Seems that if you're just going to pick one charity to support, curing cancer would be a better choice.
What about the parents who are unaware they are HIV positive after receiving infected blood and pass this onto their children?

Many companies pick charities to support and Apple has chosen theirs, why is that a big deal?

Reactions: Grey Beard

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Wow, this is something my grandfather would have said in 1984!

What does the CEO being gay have to do with this? Apple have supported the AIDS foundation for well over a decade. What really annoys me is people like yourself attach a false stereotype to HIV and AIDS like it only affects gay people. If that were the case then why are more straight people suffering with it worldwide? Africa has a massive problem with the disease and thousands of children are born with it. It is a very worthy cause and Apple have chosen to support it. It's their money and to be honest they are not obliged to support any charities.

Mac Rumors should be embarrassed by some of the opinions shared in this section.
You seem to not grasp what is right in front of your face. Of course HIV affects others besides gays but gays are the leading cause of the spread of HIV especially in the U.S.. See this: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/ The stereotype is there for a reason.

Yes, Apple has supported the AIDS foundation for over a decade but that faucet can be turned off at any time. Do you really think Tim Cook would do that? Of course not. It would be the LAST thing he would do and I'm 100% sure that him being gay is a factor. It's not rocket science.

Just keep it real and don't be blinded by political correctness. People have motives for everything and its pretty easy to see them if you don't cloud your own judgment by people telling you how you should be thinking.

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Do you show more compassion to straight people with HIV? Or perhaps smokers with lung cancer or people suffering from asbestosis? This is yet another interesting thread that contains comments that beggars belief. Every answer to every world problem somehow has to be greeted with blunt aggression. I just don't get it?

I have no opinion on it. Really doesn't impact me who Apple supports. Just stating that not everyone has a soft spot here.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
You seem to not grasp what is right in front of your face. Of course HIV affects others besides gays but gays are the leading cause of the spread of HIV especially in the U.S.. See this: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/ The stereotype is there for a reason.

Yes, Apple has supported the AIDS foundation for over a decade but that faucet can be turned off at any time. Do you really think Tim Cook would do that? Of course not. It would be the LAST thing he would do and I'm 100% sure that him being gay is a factor. It's not rocket science.

Just keep it real and don't be blinded by political correctness. People have motives for everything and its pretty easy to see them if you don't cloud your own judgment by people telling you how you should be thinking.

Go read the (RED) website. I can't even be bothered to link to it AGAIN because ignorant people like you just want to use AIDS as an excuse to bang your anti-gay drum.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010

The 1950's called. It wants its prejudices back.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Go read the (RED) website. I can't even be bothered to link to it AGAIN because ignorant people like you just want to use AIDS as an excuse to bang your anti-gay drum.

So gays are not the leading cause of the spread of HIV in the U.S.? Can't be bothered with facts eh? And I'm the one that's ignorant. Too funny.

Reactions: pdqgp

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
So gays are not the leading cause of the spread of HIV in the U.S.? Can't be bothered with facts eh? And I'm the one that's ignorant. Too funny.
What has the high incidence of HIV amongst Americas LGBT community got to do with Apple's support for HIV/AIDS charities.

The world does not solely revolve around the US, and there are plenty of countries where HIV/AIDS isn't spread by what you're trying to portray as wilful ignorance, but is in in fact simple homophobia.

Reactions: FreeState

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
The world does not solely revolve around the US, and there are plenty of countries where HIV/AIDS isn't spread by what you're trying to portray as wilful ignorance, but is in in fact simple homophobia.

Facts are still facts. There's nothing irrational about the facts.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008

Yes. I know. I do not dispute it.

However. I. Am. Not. Talking. About. The. USA. Nor is the (RED) campaign which is the HIV/AIDS charity Apple is supporting with their Product Red products.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Yes. I know. I do not dispute it.

However. I. Am. Not. Talking. About. The. USA. Nor is the (RED) campaign which is the HIV/AIDS charity Apple is supporting with their Product Red products.

Painful, innit?

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
The 1950's called. It wants its prejudices back.
I can't find the "banging my head against a wall" emoji, but if I could, now would be most appropriate.

So now you realize the reality. You can bang your head all you want or call it "prejudice" but guess what? We all have our priorities, interests and values. Also if you cannot face the fact that others don't think like you, calling them a bigot or ignorant surely doesn't help and only empowers them to dig in even further.

The world isn't perfect but it works better through understanding rather than name calling and hypocritical principles that only tend to cause a spiral into the bowels of foolishness.

Reactions: pdqgp

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
So now you realize the reality. You can bang your head all you want or call it "prejudice" but guess what? We all have our priorities, interests and values. Also if you cannot face the fact that others don't think like you, calling them a bigot or ignorant surely doesn't help and only empowers them to dig in even further.

The world isn't perfect but it works better through understanding rather than name calling and hypocritical principles that only tend to cause a spiral into the bowels of foolishness.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

However, I stand by what I said in response to all your posts. The fact you can't actually address the last reply to you and instead play the victim card speaks volumes.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Nature produces assassins all the damn time. I mean look at Australia. Everything there is designed to kill, maim, and/or cause copious amounts of pain.

So when you consider Australia, you'll see that HIV isn't that much of a stretch.

No kidding. Oz has those little blue octopuses packing more venom than a platoon of rattlesnakes. You can't stick your toes in the water without worrying about a crocogator grabbing you. Dingos will steal your babies and even those damn koalas will rip your face off given half the chance. Not to mention all the serial killers living in the outback. No thanks.

Reactions: Renzatic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.