Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Am I reading this right?

The date on your email from Apple was Thursday 12/14.

That was only 7 calendar days (5 business days) ago.

Yeah so even if you talked to them on the phone the same day it may still be going through, as banks are VERY slow this time of year.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Why does Neonguy talk like Borat?
Im waiting to see...

"Today my monitor arrive and it Varry nice!, I five!

I buy iPod; he buy iPod Mini. Ha, ha. Everyone knows iPod Mini is for girls!

Regarding the topic....stop whining, you sound like a 5 year old. You act as if using a CRT for a week is such a bad thing, it isn't. Get over it. And credit card companies are a lot quicker to take your money than they are to refund it. I've had refunds on my debit card take a week whereas with purchases, they take it the next day.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
It's not that, it just they put my money on hold that causing me to buy a new LCD with discount. Since if I don't see a Credit within 3 more days, I have to pay a lot more for another LCD because it's no longer on sale.

Yeah let see what happend when they take your money someday you Apple Fanboy! So many Apple Kiss Ass people on here, but I should have known when I post on a Mac forums. Damn, and to think I buy a Mac because I join this forums. Guess biggest mistake I have ever make! Who want to buy my Mac Pro? I throw in the ViewSonic monitor as well.

calyxman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005

So because the opening of the e-mail said "Dear Cash Payer" that means that he paid by cash, case closed? :rolleyes:

What amazing reasoning skills. :rolleyes:

READ the E-mail:

Order Number: *********
Return Number: **********

Dear CASH PAYER FOR A/S CAMPUS DIRECT,

Your package has been received at the Apple returns center and a
refund in the amount of $0.00 has been initiated for your return request number **********. We processed your refund based on the original payment method.

Credit card refunds are sent to the card-issuing bank within five
business days. If you have questions about when the credit will be
posted to your account, please contact the card issuer.[OMG, what was this last statement?? :Rolleyes:]

Cash payments are refunded in the form of a check from Apple, which
will be mailed to the billing address within 30 days.

Apple Gift Card payments are refunded in the form of a new Apple Gift
Card, which will be mailed within two days.

Visit Order Status (http://www.apple.com/orderstatus) to monitor the
details of your return and refund.

Thank you for your interest in Apple products.

Best Regards,

Apple Store Customer Support

Answers to many Apple Store questions can be found at our
Customer Service website:
http://www.apple.com/support/store

I find a lot of peoples' responses downright despicable. If you believe in this person's plight, then please be constructive. If you don't and just want to criticize this individual, then do yourselves a favor and take your comments somewhere else.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I was explaining this thread to my partner and he said maybe it should have been titled "LEARN HOW TO COUNT". :eek:

Based off the Apple email you posted, TODAY is the fifth business day. If so, Apple isn't even late with your refund, much less "hasn't stolen your money".

On top of that, even if they do issue the credit today, it can still take one or two business days for your credit card company to post the credit to your account.

Since Apple isn't yet late with your refund, I don't see how you can dispute the charge.

ATTEMPT TO BE CONSTRUCTIVE (which can be hard to do in a thread where the OP is being wildly emotional and slanderous towards a company that doesn't yet appear to have done anything wrong):

Maybe you can call your credit card company, explain the situation, and see if they can temporarily increase your credit limit to allow you to float buying the monitor now until when your Apple credit posts to your account.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
So because the opening of the e-mail said "Dear Cash Payer" that means that he paid by cash, case closed? :rolleyes:

What amazing reasoning skills. :rolleyes:

READ the E-mail:

I find a lot of peoples' responses downright despicable. If you believe in this person's plight, then please be constructive. If you don't and just want to criticize this individual, then do yourselves a favor and take your comments somewhere else.

OMG. What I am trying to say is that Apple for some reason believe he is a CASH paying customer, but he is NOT. He is a CARD paying customer. The reason why the refund is ****ed up is because they believe he is a CASH paying customer. And so they will most likely send him a check as that is how they refund CASH paying customer, unless he mentions to Apple that he is infact a CARD paying customer.

Cmon people its all in the email. :rolleyes:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
He put me on hold and look into the problem. Come back to me after 5 minutes and said that he initiated a credit refund for my return and I should see within 3 to 5 business day. At this time, I thought my problem have been solved. I ask for his name just to be sure this isn't just some lies.

Turn out he just lies to me so I will forget about it. After 1 and a half weeks passed, I check my Visa Card and see no refund being added.
It sounds like Apple knows he's a credit card customer.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
I phone AppleCare yet again today. I explain my situation to him and he appologize it's taking so long. He review over and say they did received back the Display on December 14. Despite I call many times, he then tell met yet again I will be Credit back for the refund in 3 - 5 business. Uh huh! So frustrating, but it must be Christmas going on? Still, it's still ridiculous!

Ah well, the good thing is though because they hold my money I didn't invest on a BenQ LCD. It look rather ugly. Now I will have time to think over an alternative LCD.

Just don't order anything on Holiday, it take ridicolously long for you to get a Credit back. And yeah, check back it been 1 weeks not one and a half. I aggregate a little...

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Are you implying that ViewSonics are bad displays?

Also, have you not considered that perhaps your creditors are adding to the delay?

Yes ViewSonic are ****** monitor! I have 3 of them gone bad in 2 years. All are 19 Inch CRT sitting down at my Garage. Even this one I'm using doesn't work. Brightness have to be down at 30 or it flicker repeatedly and just shut off. Other one suffer from blurriness render it useless. Don't buy ViewSonic!

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
I buy iPod; he buy iPod Mini. Ha, ha. Everyone knows iPod Mini is for girls!

Regarding the topic....stop whining, you sound like a 5 year old. You act as if using a CRT for a week is such a bad thing, it isn't. Get over it. And credit card companies are a lot quicker to take your money than they are to refund it. I've had refunds on my debit card take a week whereas with purchases, they take it the next day.

First, seam like you didn't read every post here but just jump to conclusion and post. Read all the damn post first before you flame me! You sound like an ass yourself thinking you all know all the detail. I don't even have a monitor and have to use a 15 inch that brightness have to be turn down to 35 and it's very dark or it flicker and turn off. And I'm not whining, I'm just tell loving Apple fanboy like you to be on a lookout because Apple is not your perfectionist god here.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
And you hate Viewsonic, and Dell.. and Apple. Pretty soon, there will be no brands left for you to buy.

I bought a camera and lenses worth $12,000 from B&H photo video. They didn't have stock (which they informed me after 3 days) and it took 12 days to get my refund back. i.e. they issued a refund when they called me and told me they had no stock.. but the actual refund took so long to show up on my card. No, I did not complain about it here.. nor did I launch any kind of ihatebhphotovideo.com forum.

So, for God's sake stop whining about Apple, and start whining about your credit card company (they all take long for refunds btw) I never app-lie two kredit card any moar!!!!

Nobody's being a fanboy here.. I didn't see one comment about 'Your 8 dead pixels are perfectly ok.. its an apple monitor.. cherish it' You can't even differentiate between simple reasoning and fanboy comments.. you're just making a fool of yourself, so quit.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
And you hate Viewsonic, and Dell.. and Apple. Pretty soon, there will be no brands left for you to buy.

I bought a camera and lenses worth $12,000 from B&H photo video. They didn't have stock (which they informed me after 3 days) and it took 12 days to get my refund back. i.e. they issued a refund when they called me and told me they had no stock.. but the actual refund took so long to show up on my card. No, I did not complain about it here.. nor did I launch any kind of ihatebhphotovideo.com forum.

So, for God's sake stop whining about Apple, and start whining about your credit card company (they all take long for refunds btw) I never app-lie two kredit card any moar!!!!

Nobody's being a fanboy here.. I didn't see one comment about 'Your 8 dead pixels are perfectly ok.. its an apple monitor.. cherish it' You can't even differentiate between simple reasoning and fanboy comments.. you're just making a fool of yourself, so quit.

So 8 Stucks pixel is ok for a $1,000 LCD? The Dell one is ugly, but yeah in term of qaulity it's better then Apple, the only reason I only return it because it does not match my Mac Pro. I love my Mac Pro, it's expensive but yeah it work correctly. Shouldn't I expect the same with Apple Display? If you buy a Mercedes, do you expect it to work like a Mercedes. Or buy a Mercedes and expect it to work like a Camry? Hmm...

I just want an Apple 23 LCD for the price I pay for man. I don't hate Apple LCD. It's just they make it expensive then all the rest, I would expect to get atleast a panel that have less then 3 stucks pixels. And for your information, my Credit Card have alway been great to me. I get refund from any Company such as DELL in 4 Business day once they said the payment is Credit. Which meaning Apple here is messing up, so it's not my Credit Card company. Apple fanboy are people who think Apple are perfect so they would obvious say this is my Credit Card fault. Or they thought I was a Cash payer, etc. This is what I met when I say Apple Fanboy.

To you $1,000 may not be a lot, but to me it is. Since you say you buy a Camera Lense for $12,000 but it take me 2 years saving to buy a Mac Pro and the Apple 23 Cinema Display $3,699.99 and $300 lost in restocking fees for the Apple 23 Display. Not everyone is rich like you.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Dude, are you dense? You bought ONE lcd and it came with 8 bad pixels.. does that mean that all of them come with 8 bad pixels? Sheesh! I bought a $2400 Muse Receptor (a hardware VST plug-in player) and guess what? It was dead.. it booted up.. loaded a sound.. and then went crazy. Does that mean that all receptors are like that? No, the company exchanged it for another unit.. works fantastic. It took them 3 weeks to carry out the whole exchange procedure. I was patient, and I did not go ballistic on a forum trying to crank out my story.

I expect a $2400 product to be absolutely fine out of the box.. but its electronics.. sh*t happens.

All the macs that I have ever purchased have been absolutely perfect. My MacBook had a staining issue on the palm rest and Apple replaced the casing. If I receive a dead macbook pro or mac pro or whatever.. that doesn't mean I'm going to hate the company.

Oh.. and the Camry's reliability is far superior to the Mercedes.. so you might want to hop on about that as well. A friend of mine had a top of the line BMW crap out on her in a week. So all BMWs suck.. :rolleyes:

Mature up a bit, and maybe the stuff you buy will respect you in return.

Oh, and it's not about how rich or poor I am. I work my a$$ off, the same as you do. That doesn't mean that if I get a dead product, I throw it in the trash and buy another one! I get pissed off, stressed out.. but I don't downright hate the manufacturer.. and make a fuss about it in a forum. That is just lame.

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006
PAST TENSE! \o/ :D

Anyways, no one else has mentioned this, but, is your (or your employers) name A/S CAMPUS DIRECT? That could be the problem here.

Neonguy, I can't see that you've responded to Counterfit's point... are you associated with Campus Direct? Could it be a simple administrative error that's causing you so much trouble?! i.e. the email was sent to you in error?

I sympathise with your problem, really, but if you are so incensed by this, take it up with your bank. Otherwise, it just looks like you have come on to an APPLE rumour forum to incite a reaction. :confused:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
So 8 Stucks pixel is ok for a $1,000 LCD?

That's not what he's saying at all. He's just saying that credit card companies suck at returning money and that's life. TBH though Apple have made a mistake here with the refund, they shouldn't have thought you were a cash customer, though personally I would accept that people make mistakes, if you need to buy another display I'm sure your credit card company will raise the limit, especially if they know you have a pending refund.

To you $1,000 may not be a lot, but to me it is. Since you say you buy a Camera Lense for $12,000 but it take me 2 years saving to buy a Mac Pro and the Apple 23 Cinema Display $3,699.99 and $300 lost in restocking fees for the Apple 23 Display. Not everyone is rich like you.

I think the lense is for his job and isn't a personal purchase. One thing you have to accept in life is that some people are richer than others, some people here have more money than others. Some people on this board probably earn $100 000 a year (or more) and some earn $10 000, the people who earn more aren't better than those who earn less and vice versa.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I am sorry, but if the OP does business the way he does grammar/spelling, therein lies the problem.

Hey OP. Quit freaking. You aren't going to lose your money. In the meantime, get a good old-fashioned book of proper English usage. You may then realize that you are misreading/misinterpreting/misunderstanding much of what appears to be your second language.

Goodnight.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Shouldn't I expect the same with Apple Display? If you buy a Mercedes, do you expect it to work like a Mercedes. Or buy a Mercedes and expect it to work like a Camry? Hmm...

I'd actually expect a Mercedes to act like a Camry, considering that Toyota has unbeatable reliability and Merc leaves much to be desired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.