Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsikura

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
New York
I love the decision to go back to Apple Store Cards. They can be redeemed for iTunes cards if one prefers that over physical purchases as well so everyone's happy. Hopefully they'll stick with it for years to come.

Are you sure? Got my Apple Store Card and I want to get an iTunes card instead but the site says otherwise. Not sure how it works at the store.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/gifting#cards

NOTE: Apple Store Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase another Apple Store Gift Card, an iTunes Gift Card, an iTunes Gift Certificate, Apple Print Products, or for purchases at the iTunes Store

If not, I'm just going to have to go to ebay. There is absolutely nothing in the store I would want to buy.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
All I can say is this to everyone tempted by this offer......

DO NOT BUY!!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY!!!! WAIT TILL THIS FALL AFTER THE PROMO.

Why?!?! Of course, new iPods, iPhones and iPads this fall. And another MacBook Pro refresh.

Trust me, owning new device is much better than getting $100 in gift card as return.

This promotion is mostly aimed for college kids. The people that really don't care for the latest and greatest phones or processors.

stevejobz

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2014
I think this is very good for students who are usually short on cash as it is then giving away an ipod which most people have or use their phones as.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
The fun with the iPod promotion was that you'd simply sell it for close to retail - say, $179 vs. retail of $199, with no tax.

You could do the same with the discontinued free printer promo. Combine the two with a little time and you could reduce the effective price of a Mac fairly substantially.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Personally found the £70 iTunes gift card I got with my Air much more useful.

As per the previous post, there's not much I want from the actual store, but personally apps would be more useful. Pity you can't trade them in.

SamB11

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Cornwall
Anyone else having issues with the coupon not being accepted on the online store? I want to buy a magic mouse and its saying that the gift card pin is invalid when I've only copied and pasted it from the email.

mar1na

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014
No way, Apple again!

Ok, that must be destiny but Apple made me angry again.. Instead I should be happy for the gift card!

Why the hell they did this "For those purchasing through authorized campus stores, Apple is offering the traditional iTunes/App/iBooks Store gift card rather than an Apple retail/online store gift card."?

Of course I didn't know... And I really wanted to buy a nice extralight cover for my new MacBook Air... Instead, I have 100 $ of apps.

Do you think somebody would like to exchange it?

Thanks
Marina

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.