Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falainber

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2016
Wild West
Always amazing to see the push for a yet-to-be-approved vaccine that may or may not protect you from contracting or transmitting a disease, that may may or may not cause infertility in women, that may or may not need more than three doses, that may or may not be safe, and that may or may not cause other disease, for a virus who’s testing may or may not be accurate, where a person has a 99.996% chance of survival if contracted, and if they do, carries antibodies for a still unknown period of time, to which most still have them after over a year.

SCIENCE!
You obviously have no clue. To say that 90+% efficacy is "may or may not protect you" is pure ignorance from a scientific perspective. There is hardly anything 100% proof. Does it mean that we have just to give up and die? I'll take my 90٪ against your 10٪. You seemingly is content to be a looser.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
This thread and others like it are an interesting test of MR to see the extent to which they’ll allow pseudo-science and — in some cases — downright treasonous views to be sprayed around on their site.

I’m thinking it may be time for me to find a new place to discuss tech, although sadly few places want to do that without opening a door to insanity.
MR won't moderate posts that contain disinformation and misformation as they don't want to be the truth police. (threads in S&FF discuss this.) Not to mention, what is disinformation yesterday, can turn into information today.
Want to talk tech ? Pass 232.. to limit tech giants from censoring. I agree, a new place is needed to discuss tech in general.
It's my house my rules. From websites, newspapers to tech giants.

I'm not the MR staff emissary, however, nobody is keeping you at MR, if you don't feel this is a place you want to participate in the future.

Last edited:

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Medical journals have reputations. Some have better reputations than others. A good peer reviewed journal isn’t immune to bad science. However, they will publish retractions when this turns out to be the case. One way you can tell a “good” source from a “bad” one is whether or not and how often they publish corrections and retractions. This is an important addition to peer review. Conspiracy theorists, youtubers, false Facebook info — none of these ever post retractions, and none are peer reviewed. That’s how you know they’re not good places to get information. :)

Reactions: TiggrToo

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
You obviously have no clue. To say that 90+% efficacy is "may or may not protect you" is pure ignorance from a scientific perspective. There is hardly anything 100% proof. Does it mean that we have just to give up and die? I'll take my 90٪ against your 10٪. You seemingly is content to be a looser.
LOL. “You seemingly is content.” “Looser.” Implying questioning government-sponsored data is unscientific when that is the basis of the scientific process.

Directly from Pfizer, Moderna has similar language:

“WHAT IS THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.”

Recent study on this here regarding respiratory transmission post-vaccination.

I think the the ignorance here lies within the attempted protection of the already wickedly sick, fat, and health system burdens that these vaccines may or may not protect, and not focusing on basic metabolic health. This isn’t a viral issue: this is an overall health crisis.

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2020
The FDA and the CDC would prevent the use of the vaccine if it wasn't effective or dangerous. Like the crack pot suggestions of the previous president.
You keep on repeating the same mistake. CDC has nothing to do with regulation vaccines and drugs. The FDA does. Please read up on this.

Emanuel Rodriguez

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2018
If you get vaccinated, Jewish space lasers will shoot you from a pizza parlor basement and the world will be taken over by black pedophiles as written by the Founding Fathers hidden on the five dollar bill.
7MZYBRWHFFBVPF2UFOLIJUPQN4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Attirex

scaramoosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2014
Why? Is there a comparison to be made?
Cause it kills more young people than Covid and it's a massive killer of the elderly. You catch it and spread, but you're trying to guilt people about Covid, it's the exact same thing.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Cause it kills more young people than Covid and it's a massive killer of the elderly. You catch it and spread, but you're trying to guilt people about Covid, it's the exact same thing.
Flu suffers usually recovers in a week. Flu doesn’t cause blood clots, intubation, etc, or bring out latent health issues in young people that may cause long term health effects.

"Yeah but flu kills more." If that’s the narrative at this point…sheesh. But some good disinformation for the uninformed.

Last edited:
Reactions: unobtainium

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Many doctors have spoken out but videos get deleted.. those who take the vaccine have few years to live ..

This wacko?

No wonder videos get deleted if this one is representative...

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Many doctors have spoken out but videos get deleted.. those who take the vaccine have few years to live ..

All debunked. Extensively. Also, she’s loony tunes.

Conspiracy theorists always do this though. They find one wacko with credentials and link to their YouTube video. You all know that’s a flawed “argument from authority” right?

Science isn’t determined by the opinions of individual credentialed “authorities”. It comes from reproducible experiments freely available to everyone and published in quality peer reviewed journals.

falainber

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2016
Wild West
The contagiousness (R0) for flu is between 1 and 2. The swine flu pandemic of 1918 had R0 between 1.4 and 2.8.
Covid 19 has a median R0 of 5.7. (Source) In addition, Covid is much more lethal than flu. For example, one study for older people (average age 69) determined that "Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients, according to the study published online Dec. 15 in the BMJ."

falainber

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2016
Wild West

This lady is nobody (medically speaking). She is the chair of the Eurosceptic Irish Freedom Party. She used to teach a first-year medicine class, called Science, Medicine and Society in UCD’s school of medicine. Why would anyone trust her with a medical advice (especially on immunology)? She is a politician not a doctor. Her medical advice is as good as Trump's. (Source)

Td1970

Suspended
Jan 29, 2021
Like it or not, that is not true at all in the USA.

Which isn’t a big deal since most are willing to vaccinate anyways. A small minority of anti vaxxers only pose a danger to themselves.

Personally I'm not anti vax but I’m hesitant to accept the Trump vacccine that Trump rushed through. And I’m disappointed that others are not more skeptical of Drumph’s vaccine. I’ll get it eventually.....but you guys go ahead and take my place in line.
And there goes any point you had. Still using trump as a excuse.

Reactions: I7guy

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
Personally I'm not anti vax but I’m hesitant to accept the Trump vacccine that Trump rushed through. And I’m disappointed that others are not more skeptical of Drumph’s vaccine. I’ll get it eventually.....but you guys go ahead and take my place in line.

If you don't want to use "the Trump vaccine that Trump rushed through" (which one is that supposed to be?), use a different one.

Reactions: Td1970

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
If you don't want to use "the Trump vaccine that Trump rushed through" (which one is that supposed to be?), use a different one.
That would be all of them. If title wasn’t for T***p, we would be working on a vaccine rationally, and safely, and not rushing the, through so he could announce them before November.

If the vaccines were created while taking safe amounts of time, without political interference, I’d get all of them.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
That would be all of them. If title wasn’t for T***p, we would be working on a vaccine rationally, and safely, and not rushing the, through so he could announce them before November.

If the vaccines were created while taking safe amounts of time, without political interference, I’d get all of them.
Dude, there are fourteen different vaccines across four different techniques, from different countries. Like, make the case that there are quality issues with Moderna or whatever, but "all of them" is not a valid answer here. Trump didn't have influence over even half of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.