Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
APPLE MUSIC IS A SCAM!

I signed up for a FREE 3-month trial of Apple Music after seeing the offer on the homepage of the application. However, minutes later, I was charged $9.99 for a 1-month subscription, instead of the FREE 3-month trial I was signing up for.

When I tried to resolve the issue, I was sent around in circles via email, phone, and chat support. Even their call waiting music is so low and wavering, you think your line was dropped.

Apparently you CANNOT use Apple Music on multiple devices, although that stipulation is not mentioned anywhere. Since I had wifi troubles while creating my account, I used multiple devices to complete my account creation.

After FINALLY speaking to a live human being, all Apple could do to resolve the problem was CANCEL my trial and issue me a refund. I could NOT sign up for this free 3-month trial they had offered me originally on my device.

I tried to take this issue to a supervisor so they could recognize their mistakes and rectify them, but with Apple Music, the customer is not always right. They will not issue you credit for a 3-month trial because they only deal with gift cards. But they will not issue you a gift card either.

They do not care about your business.

DO NOT USE APPLE MUSIC!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Unfortunately seems like more of an isolated incident of some sort. Most people haven't had issues in relation to the trial, and most of the few that did were able to resolve them with Apple.

Meri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
As a loyal Mac customer for 20+years, I'm positive better assistance could have been given to the customer in this particular "isolated incident"

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As a loyal Mac customer for 20+years, I'm positive better assistance could have been given to the customer in this particular "isolated incident"
Yes, that is certainly the case. I was mostly addressing the part about the trial being a scam in my earlier reply. But, yes, certainly better/simpler/faster customer care should have been in play there.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
APPLE MUSIC IS A SCAM!

I signed up for a FREE 3-month trial of Apple Music after seeing the offer on the homepage of the application. However, minutes later, I was charged $9.99 for a 1-month subscription, instead of the FREE 3-month trial I was signing up for.

When I tried to resolve the issue, I was sent around in circles via email, phone, and chat support. Even their call waiting music is so low and wavering, you think your line was dropped.

Apparently you CANNOT use Apple Music on multiple devices, although that stipulation is not mentioned anywhere. Since I had wifi troubles while creating my account, I used multiple devices to complete my account creation.

After FINALLY speaking to a live human being, all Apple could do to resolve the problem was CANCEL my trial and issue me a refund. I could NOT sign up for this free 3-month trial they had offered me originally on my device.

I tried to take this issue to a supervisor so they could recognize their mistakes and rectify them, but with Apple Music, the customer is not always right. They will not issue you credit for a 3-month trial because they only deal with gift cards. But they will not issue you a gift card either.

They do not care about your business.

DO NOT USE APPLE MUSIC!

I use my Apple Music subscription on multiple devices (macs, iPhones and iPads). Worked like this during and after the trial. Had you already had a 3 month trial on your Apple ID? You only get one free trial.

I have never had any issue getting a positive result from Apple phone support. All you have to be is courteous and patient and you end up chatting with their team in the states who will sort out refunds/replacements etc

I have friends and colleagues who took the trial too, some kept it others cancelled but none were charged before the trial finished. They were all using it on multiple devices too.

Reactions: spitf1r3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.