Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brueck

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I can't wait to look back at Ming-Chi Kuo's track record after September 9th.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Not worried about what adaptor they include, but a more sturdy/durable Lightening cable would be appreciated. That thing isn't up to Apple quality and the reviews on their own website prove it.

:apple:

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Secret: the logo or bump on your USB cable faces up.

The triangle next to your fuel gauge points toward your gas tank.

Which way is "up" on the back of a Mac mini? or an iMac? or any desktop tower?

i don't believe people are having issues plugging into the side of a laptop, its those times when you gotta feel for the port, and then you're only correct on the 3rd try...

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
well, at least we got 3rd party manufacture to think about then.

They do a better job at doing stuff "on time" anyway... and even if Apple does license it, it won't be only Apple for long. Its just another foot to go around.

D-Dave

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
Apple may well be an early adopter of Type C. Ports have become an obstacle to thinner designs. USB is the thickest port on MacBooks.
Sure hope so, as I will be in the market for a new macbook next summer...maybe by then they will have upgraded :-D

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
cost concerns my ass! its simple business. Apple...we have all this stock of usb cables and chargers we need to get rid of before we make and ship the new one. If we don't get rid of them first we will be irresponsible and end up wasting and dumping some. Lets do the right thing... our customers will thank us for it... I'm sure.

incorrect. look up "Just In Time" (JIT) manufacturing. it's the art of only producing and keeping as inventory what you need on a very limited, agile basis. apple is down to something like 30-day JIT. meaning, they could burn thru their inventory in a matter of weeks, if they wanted to. it's riding the edge of efficiency and is not easy to do -- it's one of the reasons Cook is in charge, he's a master of it.

so no, deciding to go with one design or another has nothing to do w/ warehouses full of old inventory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.