Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Hmmmm, that certainly does look like a movie curtain. Damn you Apple for making us wait util October 12th! Now we're going to over-speculate this to death between now and then and end up being let down by the actual product!

Tubby The Bull

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2005
...but what will be left for MWSF??

Well, I'm drooling for an updated PowerBook more than anyone! I've never owned a laptop before, and am patiently (and painfully) waiting for this next update before making my big purchase.

The only thing that is cooling my jets with all these possibilities is that in just 3 short months, we'll have MWSF. If Steve unveils all this cool stuff, what's he gonna talk about in January? "Well, we have sold a lot of iPods. And be sure to keep your eyes peeled for our new Intel machines, coming in June."

I have a worrysome feeling this is strictly iPod related. Possible PB updates, but no dual-duals before MWSF.

Just my thoughts.

Tubbs

animefan_1

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
New York
kainjow said:
I doubt Macs... when was the last time they released new Macs (new products, not updates) and sent invitations to the media, out side of the normal MacWorlds and expos, etc?..

I think it was the Xserve.

blufire

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
smitty078 said:
new iPods - NO VIDEO - 40,60,80 gig versions. Form factor remains mostly the same, possibly slightly smaller than current

VideoPod - the so-called video ipod will be released in the form of a 10" iBook.

iBooks - new 10" model, marketed as the Video iPod. Also available in 13" and 15" versions. All versions are widescreen resolutions. All models will have the freescale dual-core g4 in them.

PowerBooks - 13", 15", 17" versions. All will be widescreen HD. All will have either freescale dual-core g4 (probably most likely) or single core g5.

iMac - stays largely the same. Possible upgrade to dual core g5 chips.

PowerMac - Dual Dual-core G5

This will be a major upgrade to every single line and will allow the PPC to go out with a bang before intels start coming. Oh and these models will all lose their G* designations. As of these models apple will introduce some kind of new naming scheme in preparation for intels. It is very possible that there will be no specification at all other than "iMac," "PowerMac," etc.

I agree... though there aren't any currently active rumors about it, the iMac G5 could get an update!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
bloogersnigen said:
that would be sweet. beatles ipod and the beatles on itunes finally.
Now that would be interesting ;) But I believe that won't happen for a long time, unless Paul was elected to be on the board of directors ;)

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Object-X said:
What if it was an exclusive Beatles deal with special edition 5G iPods? They could have Pual get up there and do a little show.

Pual! Dual Paul McCartney next tuesday! He's been cloned!

Nezza

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2005
Guernsey
bloogersnigen said:
that would be sweet. beatles ipod and the beatles on itunes finally.

Steve's 'One More Thing' ..... We've settled the court case with Apple Records and would like to introduce.....

leandroc76

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
YOu guys are ALL Wrong

I can't believe how far out on left field you are!!! :D :D :D :D

One more thing:

iBike. - itunes while you ride! Powered by your peddling!

That can only be the answer! ;)

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Just as Apple moves music my guess is they will now move movies. Think columbia house only movies and you can order and store any movie you want on your Mac to your pod from your pod to your Mac? itunes now imovie?

What I would like is a new Mac half the size of Powermac with Intels fastest chip,7800 video card, plenty of ram and out of this world looks,Silent operation and can run Windows and MacOS. Now that would be cool. Have my Mac and my Gaming Machine.

susannahyork

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2005
ohcrap said:
Forgive me for sounding like a jackass (it's a habit of mine...) but why all the anticipation for new iPods? I don't own an iPod, myself, but what is it about the current ones that you are all hoping to see changed/improved?

It is that which we have not imagined that is exciting...

travisty

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2005
duh, video related. The curtains give it away just like the change pocket were a hint to a smaller ipod. I think this could be a great thing for Apple, to bring out something even more innovative at a point where everyone is cheering the innovation of the nano.

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Didn't they have a similar style invite for the iPod Photo and U2 iPod?

That curtain might be a red herring...

[EDIT: Fellow New Yorker animefan_1 beat me to the punch.]

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
Figures. I finally ordered an ibook after waiting since May for a powerbook upgrade to no avail. I don't even have the ibook in hand yet. Of course, I also had to order a new ipod with it to take advantage of the cheap/free pod sale (also not in hand yet). Hmph, same thing happens when I wash my car. It could be a 50-year drought or in the middle of the mojave and I'd still get it to rain. :mad:

blufire

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
leandroc76 said:
I can't believe how far out on left field you are!!! :D :D :D :D

One more thing:

iBike. - itunes while you ride! Powered by your peddling!

That can only be the answer! ;)

And then in the next cycle, they'll release iBike Extreme (with Lance Armstrong ads), iBike mini (comes in four metallic colors), iBike nano (like one of those finger skateboards), and iBike U2 Edition.

jfmartin

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2005
Quebec, Canada
chubad said:
Yup. Here we go. Everyone with pie in the sky expectations. :rolleyes:

If the dual core Powermacs are released it has already been said that the will be around 2mhz. It will still kick butt, but the people hoping for dual dual 3ghz had better take their meds. The delusions will stop in a while. :)

And a lot of people here are expecting more than one thing... can you read this please: ONE more thing...

iPod with video og G5 iPod ? I don't think so... Apple will try to keep the buzz of the nano.... this is a Macintosh event guys...

JF

bloogersnigen

macrumors regular
May 15, 2005
Wherever the water flows
LimeiBook86 said:
Now that would be interesting ;) But I believe that won't happen for a long time, unless Paul was elected to be on the board of directors ;)
I thought the reason that the beatles weren't on itunes was because when they were a young band they sold all their copyrights to the records company and michael jackson bought the record company and he won't let them put the beatles on itms. Is this correct?

Kobushi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Right behind you.
travisty said:
duh, video related. The curtains give it away just like the change pocket were a hint to a smaller ipod. I think this could be a great thing for Apple, to bring out something even more innovative at a point where everyone is cheering the innovation of the nano.

What do curtains have to do with video? I can't remember the last time I went to see a movie where the theater actually had curtains. Maybe the ipod is going opera or it dances :D

hesshady

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2005
No New Music Videos

Has anyone managed to notice there has been no new music videos posted in the iTunes music store for quite some time? I think video iPod, or something video related to do with an iPod.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
avalys said:
Damn, I want an Apple tablet.

I second that. Maybe it's an iPod video/tablet hybrid. 6 inch screen with no click wheel, only an "on" button and on screen controls. Taking a page out of the nintendo DS book. Touching is good.

Well, I can dream till the 12th at least.

blufire

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Kobushi said:
What do curtains have to do with video? I can't remember the last time I went to see a movie where the theater actually had curtains. Maybe the ipod is going opera or it dances :D

I've seen one or two with moving curtains... not common though. Some theaters have curtains on the sides, however.

Applespider

macrumors G4
It has to be the 5G iPod in whatever format otherwise the iPod sites wouldn't be getting invites. Oct 12 with delivery into stores by late October is about the latest that you could launch anything before it's too late for Christmas etc
If it is a movie store, I guess it will work like iTMS did; rolled out across the world gradually although since it's harder to get video content that music content that might mean they can limit production to just the US initially?

Now since, Mossberg had a nano for a few days before the announcement, anyone catch the Metro in with him who might spot what he's toting around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.