Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

SAP and the One4 Project today announced a partnership with the band Imagine Dragons and Apple that aims to provide support to the UN Refugee Agency as it addresses the refugee displacement crises occurring in Europe (via Forbes). The new single by the band, called "I Was Me," is out now on iTunes for $1.29, and both Imagine Dragons and Apple have confirmed that all proceeds from its sales will go toward relief efforts.

imaginedragonsapple-800x450.jpg

SAP, the corporation supporting One4, has also announced it will donate 10 cents for each of the first five million purchases of the new single. Each member of the project hopes the funds not only aid in providing relief for the refugee crises, but bring the international issue into the public eye.

join us NOW & help @refugees w/our new song #iwasme
proceeds provide aid
http://t.co/ng1d0rzIUD 
#one4 @one4project
https://t.co/H3iwvWUfCl— Imagine Dragons (@Imaginedragons) October 12, 2015
Apple has already been supporting the relief efforts, opening up iTunes Store donations to the American Red Cross last month to help those displaced from their homes due to violence and forced to migrate across the Mediterranean Sea and into Europe. Those interested in supporting the cause can purchase "I Was Me" on iTunes right now.

Note: Due to the nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: Apple Partners With Imagine Dragons and One4 Project to Aid in Refugee Relief Efforts

Reactions: jkcerda

Edgar Spayce

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
If I was a refugee, I would not only be pissed off that the same people would destroyed my country to loot its resources dares to either speak for or rejet us, but I sure as hell would be very pissed off at Apple for insulting us with such crappy music like Imagine Dragon.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
I'm British and am appalled by the response we given - only room for 20,000 refugees? My home town is bigger than that and that was small!
I think just not donations will help though, there needs to be a collective of Countries to do something about this and now a sticked up response with nothing working as it should as everyone thinks "its not our problem!"...

Reactions: 0098386

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
If I was a refugee, I would not only be pissed off that the same people would destroyed my country to loot its resources dares to either speak for or rejet us, but I sure as hell would be very pissed off at Apple for insulting us with such crappy music like Imagine Dragon.
Correct on both counts (The West's history with the Middle East + Imagine Dragons). Well done sir!

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I'm British and am appalled by the response we given - only room for 20,000 refugees? My home town is bigger than that and that was small!
I think just not donations will help though, there needs to be a collective of Countries to do something about this and now a sticked up response with nothing working as it should as everyone thinks "its not our problem!"...

To be fair the UK does donate a lot of money for foreign aid, a lot of it is going towards helping the refugees closer to home. But yeah 20,000 isnt many to take in.

Reactions: captain cadet

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland

Were you also appalled by the rapes of 1400 young girls by British Muslims? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal Please tell us your address so we can direct a saintly "refugee" family your way. Or just a group of young men who courageously left their wives and children back at the battlefront so they could come sign up for welfare in Europe. "I'll be right back hun!"

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is the price $1.29 on the US store, as well? That's interesting. I thought the US store was at $0.99 while the Canadian store is at $1.29 due to the exchange rate. The price for this song was only $1.29 CAD for me, so was that actually cheaper than the US store's price?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Were you also appalled by the rapes of 1400 young girls by British Muslims? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal Please tell us your address so we can direct a saintly "refugee" family your way. Or just a group of young men who courageously left their wives and children back at the battlefront so they could come sign up for welfare in Europe. "I'll be right back hun!"

There's supposedly a huge paedophile ring going back decades with parliament here. Considering it's fashionable for people to worship Jesus for British parliament does that mean we should expel the Christians?
Or how about that Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris?
What about that much larger problem of child abuse in the Catholic Church?

Imagine if Yellowstone or some other natural disaster struck the US and people were forced to leave. Families in Mexico, Canada "Oh no I don't want one of them warmongers/[whatever stereotype you wish to use] living with us".

Renzatic

Suspended
There's supposedly a huge paedophile ring going back decades with parliament here. Considering it's fashionable for people to worship Jesus for British parliament does that mean we should expel the Christians?

Exactly. You can't judge an entire group of people due to the actions of a few.

If we did, the entire world would be guilty by association.

Reactions: a0me
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.