Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
A little birdie told me that Huntington is in the final approval stages for Apple Pay and we should expect something within the next two weeks.

A lot of people don't know that Apple has an in-house approval team as well. So it's not only up to the banks, but Apple must approve, too.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
One of my debt cards from boa is on file with iTunes..when I set up apple pay all that was needed was the 3 digit security code and done.

My iTunes card isn't a supported debit card... I was hoping that that wouldn't matter but it seems that it does. Sucks that only my credit cards work correctly when I try so hard not to use them... :confused:

----------

Capital one spark for business? Does anyone know? Thanks!

It takes 8 seconds to find out for yourself. Take a pic of the card, enter the security code and then tap done. Pretty simple.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
My iTunes card isn't a supported debit card... I was hoping that that wouldn't matter but it seems that it does. Sucks that only my credit cards work correctly when I try so hard not to use them... :confused:

----------

It takes 8 seconds to find out for yourself. Take a pic of the card, enter the security code and then tap done. Pretty simple.

You're right but I don't have the card :/ was thinking of getting one which is why I'd like to know :)

nrivas

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
Texas
Add the JP Morgan Ritz Carlton card to the accepted list.

PenFed credit cards to the not accepted list.

philipandrews

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2011
Richmond, VA
Just asked suntrust when it will be available and I got this response along with a link to a press release "We're working with our partners to introduce Apple Pay in the near future. For more info, visit http://t.co/Czjs9vRUiJ. ^SB" https://www.suntrust.com/Static/Documents/APPLEPAY_COMINGSOON.pdf?icid=ApplePayComingSoon_NA_AP_BlueRib_NA_L1_91_281_Default&sf5387412=1

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I have the Chase MilagePlus MasterCard and just spoke to a rep about when the Chase Mastercards will be supported. Unfortunately, I was informed there is no plan for Chase to support their MasterCard versions with Apple Pay.

However, at least for MilagePlus, in a couple months, we will have the option to switch over to the Visa version. Same account number, just a Visa version, and that will work with Apple Pay.

Last edited:

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
Guess I should have expected PNC wouldn't work. Seems like they are always the last ones to adopt new technologies.

I talked with PNC the other day. I was told PNC is in the next wave of rollouts. Apple has told PNC that it will happen on November 7th.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I talked with PNC the other day. I was told PNC is in the next wave of rollouts. Apple has told PNC that it will happen on November 7th.

I 've heard something similar - PNC had been on Apple's secondary list since Apple Pay was introduced, which is still ahead of a lot of other regional banks. Looking at the list of largest banks in the US (http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/09/26/the-top-50-u-s-banks-by-assets/), Apple has covered a lot of customers with 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, and 14 out of the gate with the Big Four, Capital One, and American Express. US Bank (#6) and PNC (#8) being in the second round make sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start filling in the top half of that list sooner than later...

jamesgor13579

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Since I am new I can't edit the top post. Can someone add:

NOT ACCEPTED CREDIT:
Elevations Credit Union Vista Platinum

popeye88

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Has been said before Citibank AT&T universal card Not accepted :confused:

Calling customer service their first response was works Fine lasts a long time just as long as you have an iPhone 6

Escalating the call Universal Card and Other Thirdparty cards like credit unions and some businesses do not and have no plans to be supported.

Options:
Convert to another citi product
Cancel .....and
Of course you can check back from time to time as things may change. :(

They (Citi) told me the reason that the AT&T Universal Rewards card is not accepted is because AT&T refused to accept the Apple Pay terms and conditions. You'd think AT&T would have a vested interest in this technology working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.