Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kittykat77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2018
Hi, am thinking of getting an apple pencil but can anyone tell me the long term effects of using a stylus on a touch screen? If the amount of use eventually wears out the touch screen, would using stylus significantly reduce the touch screen life even more? I would be using it as a hobby not professionally or anything. Thank you

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Hi, am thinking of getting an apple pencil but can anyone tell me the long term effects of using a stylus on a touch screen? If the amount of use eventually wears out the touch screen, would using stylus significantly reduce the touch screen life even more? I would be using it as a hobby not professionally or anything. Thank you

I've had my iPad Pro 9.7 for coming up to two years and use my pencil multiple times a day - and I've noticed zero negative affect on the screen - in fact, until this post, I'd not even considered the thought. That's how little it seems to affect it for me.

I'm also on the original nib, for what it's worth!

Reactions: sracer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.