Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soma_Addict

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2002
Originally posted by tfaz1

I hate to agree, but I do. We get nothing but greif from the French. Here's four letters that they hate to hear: WWII

And don't forget it you frogs! If it wasn't for us, you'd be paying for those illegal iPods with German Marks instead of Francs.

You lay down for Hitler, Kadafi, and Saddam but stand up to Apple computer? Please... Grow a backbone! :eek:

France has only introduced three major exports to the international market that are worth noting.

1. Jean Reno
2. Cheese with mold already in it
3. The unconditional surrender

The French Franc could have been on that list if it hadn't surrendered to the Euro last year.

macsurfer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
NYC, L.A.
Stupid Frogs. And if it wasn't for the U.S. they'd all be speaking German right now, from WW I *AND* WW II. They're such a weak country.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
>France has only introduced three major exports to the international market that are worth noting.

1. Jean Reno
2. Cheese with mold already in it
3. The unconditional surrender

The French Franc could have been on that list if it hadn't surrendered to the Euro last year.

BWA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aaashas ah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha *snort* ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Don't forgett that the french built the statue of liberty!!!! and they aided the American's in the civil war between the English and the American's way back...

French are always uptight anyway this isn't a racist channel is it!!??!!
:)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
French wine is quite tasty, though....and the cuisine too, mmm, now I'm getting hungry.....and if you realize the potential here, you could go buy a bunch of iPods and smuggle them into France and make some money.... ;)

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
First off everyone should get off of the French hating unless you live in France and this really affects you in anyway, secondly this is not a new health regulation over there and Apple should of been (and was) aware of it before they released the iPod overseas and should have forseen this, but they are releasing a new firmware update to remedy the situation soon. My only question about it is what would the penalties be for both owning an illegal iPod (or any other portable device) and for selling the illegal ones? Once they get the update though it wont really matter.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by garybUK
Don't forgett that the french built the statue of liberty!!!!
:)
They built it, but it was supposed to be a Trojan Horse. They just forgot to fill it with soldiers. :p

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
>French wine is quite tasty, though....and the cuisine too, mmm, now I'm getting hungry.....and if you realize the potential here, you could go buy a bunch of iPods and smuggle them into France and make some money....

French "Tarts" always make me drool, but they have to be wearing those "Maid" outfit (& I don't mean the Pastries!)

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Originally posted by macsurfer
Stupid Frogs. And if it wasn't for the U.S. they'd all be speaking German right now, from WW I *AND* WW II. They're such a weak country.

Oh man, are there still so many stubborn human beings on this world? Please, I HATE political discussion, but dont degrade or make fun of people in countries you wouldnt even know where to find them on a map!

Grab your own nose dude, read history books not tinted by american partriotism and shut up!

Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry for offtopic.
P.P.S.: Dont mess with Europe :p

macsurfer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
NYC, L.A.
"dont degrade or make fun of people in countries you wouldnt even know where to find them on a map!"

..oh yeah like I don't know where France OR Germany is...

"read history books not tinted by american partriotism and shut up!"

..and what did I say that is NOT true????????

Shall I get started on the currently weak country known as Germany?

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
I guess the old saying rings more true than ever;

'if its too loud than you're too.... french'

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Re: What a thread!!!!

Originally posted by groovebuster
I just can't believe it... :(

groovebuster

Yes, this definitely has gotten out of hand. I presume this thread is dead. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.