Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

All 270 Apple retail stores in the United States have been reopened as of today, marking the first time that Apple has had all locations operational since stores began closing in March 2020.

apple-store-palo-alto.jpg

When the first shutdowns occurred on March 14, 2020, Apple initially planned to reopen stores starting on March 27th, but that did not happen and stores have been opening and closing on a rotating basis as the pandemic has continued.

Some stores began reopening in May 2020, but until today, not all locations were opened back up. Stores in Texas, including those in Houston, and Dallas, were the last to reopen after winter storms that affected the area.

As noted by 9to5Mac, there are still restrictions at many of the Apple Stores in the U.S. Some are offering in-store shopping appointments, while others are only set up for Express pickup of online orders and Genius Support appointments.

Apple uses local health and safety guidelines to dictate which stores operate, so there is still a chance that there could be additional shutdowns going forward should there be a change in a particular state.

Outside of the U.S., there are still stores closed in France and Brazil.

Article Link: Apple Reopens All 270 Retail Stores in the United States

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
I wonder how they'll keep everything clean and covid-free. I'm still afraid to go anywhere in the middle of this pandemic.
Unless you have severe risk factors you should not be worried. Surface transmission has not been proven to be a meaningful vector. Wiping down everything and constant cleaning is likely overkill outside of medical office as long as you dont start licking surfaces.

Williesleg

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2014
Unless you have severe risk factors you should not be worried. Surface transmission has not been proven to be a meaningful vector. Wiping down everything and constant cleaning is likely overkill outside of medical office as long as you dont start licking surfaces.

Not true and not true. In fact, surface and air transmission are the only ways it is transmitted. They aren't going to put bubbles around every device. Just standing next to someone who has it is a pretty much guarantee you'll get it.

EugenesSoggySalami

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2020
Finlands covernment is probably closing up every single restaurant in the upcoming weeks, people are getting fired hundreds every week are businesses are falling like dominos. Its not looking good, depending on how you calculate unemployed people there are over 550K people unemployed right now and that number keeps going higher and higher every week. Unemployment rate is around 11-13%.

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020
Tell me again how many masks I need to be safe and come out of my cocoon?

To anyone that thinks this is bad news, start living your life without fear. Your safe space will not save you. Live!

You need one mask and the fear is natural and healthy. If you fear disease, death and disability you will take action. If fear nothing you will be a case study on Darwin Awards.

EugenesSoggySalami

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2020
Tell me again how many masks I need to be safe and come out of my cocoon?

To anyone that thinks this is bad news, start living your life without fear. Your safe space will not save you. Live!

During this all covid ******** I havent changed my lifestyle at all, I havent wore a mask single time and never will. I never go anywhere because Im unemployed. I dont wash my hands at all, I just dont give a damn. After being unemployed for 12 years in a row Ive already lost my interest in life. If I get a covid and die then so be it, at least I would not have to be unemployed anymore. I dont have a job, no money, no family, no friends, no hobbies, no relationship nor a girlfriend. Why even bother trying, when it will all be worthless.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Cases aren't actually down, they just changed the testing sensitivity back in late January.
Do you have a citation for this? Seems unlikely that testing sensitivity changed everywhere at once...
Unless you have severe risk factors you should not be worried
Unless you have severe risk factors, or someone you know has severe risk factors, or someone you encounter later in a grocery store has sever risk factors, or someone in the family of someone you encounter later in a grocery store has severe risk factors, or...

Disease tranmission is a community issue not one of personal fear.

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
Tell me again how many masks I need to be safe and come out of my cocoon? ...
I'm not going to judge anyone either way on this... but here is an observation which may be pertinent: when I went to get my Covid vaccine this morning, the workers appeared to all be wearing two cloth masks, one right over the other. So... two?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.