Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Everything's been open here in Florida since last Autumn. Europeans need to realize we don't have the social safety net that you have, even during a pandemic, and we had 5,500 new cases just yesterday in Florida. Every restaurant and bar in my area has been completely full including my own. Florida has had 30,851 covid deaths; China has only had 4,636 covid deaths. I've known 20 people that had covid and recovered, ages range from 8-75. My 94 year old grandmother and 74 year old mother haven't been vaccinated yet. 40+% of young people in this area say they won't get the vaccine. I know my family in Italy don't understand why we are open.
That’s why so many people are moving down here to Florida.

China doesn’t count shooting people in the back of the head as COVID deaths even though those people were infected.

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
Comments like this I have seen in the last year, are very calous.

It's like, well their health sucked anyways. Almost as if it was ok for them to die because their health sucked(sometimes by no fault of their own)

I'm sure thats not how you meant it but I have heard of over and over and it just seems like that's the case.
Of course that's not how I meant it, but that's the reality nonetheless. That doesn't excuse the anti-maskers, but America has a serious health crisis on its hands, and it's not COVID-19. Obesity and metabolic disease is the real epidemic here, and really becoming a pandemic globally. The death and hospitalization rates of those in their 40s, 50s, and 60s have shown us how devastating obesity, hypertension, diabetes are. Those people were already severely compromised.

Last edited:

grantew1

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Midwest
Of course that's not how I meant it, but that's the reality nonetheless. That doesn't excuse the anti-maskers, but America has a serious health crisis on its hands, and it's not COVID-19. Obesity and metabolic disease is the real epidemic here, and really becoming a pandemic globally. The death and hospitalization rates of those in their 40s, 50s, and 60s have shown us how devastating obesity, hypertension, diabetes are. Those people were already severely compromised.
I agree, I personally lost 60 pounds since April of 2020. Know why? Because I was unhealthy and overweight.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
[...]

No reason for me to be afraid, I will catch it and get over it. For those that are, stay in wear your mask if you feel it helps you.
Sure you'll probably get over it, but you could end up with a clot in your lung, clot in your brain. Some after-effects that won't kick in for a few years,etc.

My cousins' family got covid. The boyfriend is out of work for three months. The daughter had a spinal tap to relieve pressure on her brain. The cousin recovered and is seemingly fine. You never know. I'd rather not get it (and I'm all vaccinated up)

Reactions: BigMcGuire

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I live in a city of 200,000. I also live in the most heavily vaccinated city in the entire United States. LOL. So yes, a lot of people did get vaccinated.

So you made my point for me. It's stupid to compare land area as if people are spread out across it when most, including yourself are in cities. That's the argument. Not what the Amarillo times claims on vaccination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.