Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Great news, it's nice to Apple constantly improving and addressing issues like this. I'd rather eventually have OS 10.3.23 than have a flaky OS with issues not being resolved. Of course, if you needed that many updates to an OS, that would concern me. Unless it's Windows, in which case, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. ;)

Hopefully 10.3.2 will be out soon - I'll be downloading it right away once it's announced!

ChronoIMG

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by ~Shard~
Hopefully 10.3.2 will be out soon - I'll be downloading it right away once it's announced!
Don't forget to do a full backup before installing! ;)

I'll be downloading this and installing the same day as well to see if I can get Halo to run even faster with the new nVidia drivers :)

Loopy

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Cornwall UK
10.2.3 via software update now

Originally posted by ITR 81
Right before Christmas or within a few days of Christmas.

The 10.3.2 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key enhancements include:

improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks
more robust printing to PostScript printers
improved font management
updated Mail and Address Book applications
new ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
FileVault, FireWire 800, WebDAV and USB Printing improvements from Update 10.3.1
previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25652

Important Note:
Apple has identified an issue with external FireWire hard drives using the Oxford 922 bridge chip-set with firmware version 1.02 that can result in the loss of data stored on the disk drive. Even with the improvements available in this update, Apple recommends you update the firmware on your FireWire drive. Please contact your drive manufacturer for more information.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Re: 10.2.3 via software update now

Originally posted by Loopy
Key enhancements include:

improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks
more robust printing to PostScript printers
improved font management
updated Mail and Address Book applications
new ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
FileVault, FireWire 800, WebDAV and USB Printing improvements from Update 10.3.1
previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25652

Cool, I'll have to check out the website - those updates sound excellent though, can't wait!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.