Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockoo

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
Very interesting. I’m in a similar situation for the first time and been trying to see how the calculation would be. I also figured I’d have to pay off my remaining 12 months first before the trade-in applies.

You’re sure there wasn’t a separate transaction there? If not, then you’ve found a nice money glitch!
I've been looking for an hour and feel like I'm going crazy. I checked my apple card history (since it was financed through there) and my bank statements and I do not see any place where I paid off the remaining balance. There's got to be something I am missing in my math there's no way Apple would not have caught it lol.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
Okay now here is something I am confused about. When I upgraded to the 14 pro last year, I only made 12 out of the 24 of the payments on my 13 pro. However it did not show any remaining balance and shows the installments are complete when I upgraded to the 14 pro. I assume this is because I was trading the 13 pro back in and therefore the trade in value canceled out the remaining payments (essentially like it does on iUP). But if that was the case why was the 14 pro's total financed amount only $499 (13 pro credit applied here too).

It's been a long day and there is SOMETHING I have to be missing here. I checked all my statements from the past year and I never paid anything past the 12th payment on the 13 pro and everything shows it's good and was closed. The apple receipt from last year even says "good news no more payments are due for this device". Where did the remaining payments go lol

Also super lame trade in values on the regular pro are only $570 this year. They gave $640 for the 12 pro when going to 13 pro and $600 for the 13 pro last year
It’s possible you made an extra payment somewhere but you’d think you would have remembered that. My 13 Pro shows only 21 monthly installments on the “payment plan” were paid; but it’s complete / paid off. I think I made some extra payments somewhere in there And they don’t appear in the “payment plan” ledger. 🤔 Otherwise… yeah. You lucked out!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I've been looking for an hour and feel like I'm going crazy. I checked my apple card history (since it was financed through there) and my bank statements and I do not see any place where I paid off the remaining balance. There's got to be something I am missing in my math there's no way Apple would not have caught it lol.
I’m sure Apple wouldn’t have missed it, as well lol. Still nice to think “Haha take THAT, Tim Cook” 😂

It’s late for me, too. I’ll think on it again with fresh eyes. Very interesting for sure!

• Haha
Reactions: Rockoo

Rockoo

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
I’m sure Apple wouldn’t have missed it, as well lol. Still nice to think “Haha take THAT, Tim Cook” 😂

It’s late for me, too. I’ll think on it again with fresh eyes. Very interesting for sure!
Definitely going to look again in the morning. Too much going on today i'm sure there's a key piece I didn't see

Reactions: Brad7

Rockoo

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
It’s possible you made an extra payment somewhere but you’d think you would have remembered that. My 13 Pro shows only 21 monthly installments on the “payment plan” were paid; but it’s complete / paid off. I think I made some extra payments somewhere in there And they don’t appear in the “payment plan” ledger. 🤔 Otherwise… yeah. You lucked out!
It's weird because it even says "total financed: $459. Totally billed: $229.44. and there are no more payments showing after the 12th payment even though it says "Monthly installment 12 of 24". I looked back at my apple card statements and there's nothing showing that month or the one after that I paid off the remaining balance anywhere either. Very confused

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
It's weird because it even says "total financed: $459. Totally billed: $229.44. and there are no more payments showing after the 12th payment even though it says "Monthly installment 12 of 24". I looked back at my apple card statements and there's nothing showing that month or the one after that I paid off the remaining balance anywhere either. Very confused
Mine says “Total Billed: $961.71” and “Total Paid: $1,099.00”— yeah, math does not add up, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.