Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trailmonkey

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2019
Apple offer a 1 year warranty on all their products regardless of where you bought them. So any faults that occur within the first year would be covered by this and you would have the choice of taking it back to CPW or JL or Apple. CPW and JL are likely to send it off to Apple anyway so it might be quicker to take it directly to Apple. After the first year if there are any issues you would need to deal with JL directly rather than Apple as Apple on provide a one year warranty. JL are providing the second year.

As for whether apple will fix it in store. Yes they attempt to fix on site if they can and if they can’t then they usually offer you a replacement. They do accept walk ins but you may have to wait until they can fit you in which is why it’s better to book an appointment with the Genius Bar prior to going into the store.
Thanks Shanghaichica, that's what I was hoping to hear. Right now I'd like to think the 14 will be worth upgrading too next year, hence keeping my 13 for that same period and selling it or trading in... and not having to buy AC in advance.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.