Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
They are very good with sanitising. For example. If you were to pick up a device, you put it back down on a separate surface that they wrap and take away for cleaning.
It’s a corona virus not the plague, just wipe some rubbing alcohol on the device and some diluted bleach on the table surface and all is good. Not sure what’s with the wrapping it up and taking it away measure seems excessive.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
It would help if people actually took the vaccines. Both doses. Seems a lot of people start "living life" as soon as they've made an appointment
What do you mean by this? Are you somehow tracking the degree of how individuals exercise choices in health precautions over a vaccination process?
Or are you just gathering sentiment from observations on social media about people awakening from (well warranted) COVID fear psychosis we have been subject to?

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Interesting I never knew this was an option even pre pandemic. I just go some powerbeats yesterday and would have liked to have tried the AirPods on before I had. Presumably I could have done this in Australia already if they're bringing it back in the states.
I know I could just buy and return but it just seems like a lot of hassle when I'm pretty sure they won't fit my ears.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Maybe these stores have a large amount of eartips, which are changed after a person has tried them on, or perhaps in front on the next person who wanted to try them on.

Personally I would not have a problem trying them on, if the eartip was replaced and the AirPods were wiped down in front of me before I tried them on.

hagar

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
Maybe these stores have a large amount of eartips, which are changed after a person has tried them on, or perhaps in front on the next person who wanted to try them on.

Personally I would not have a problem trying them on, if the eartip was replaced and the AirPods were wiped down in front of me before I tried them on.
Yes. This was already the case before COVID.

Reactions: Chevysales

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
That’s good you take extra precautions. I won’t fault you for your decisions!

Greedy? Closing down was an over-reaction, and remaining closed is what’s reckless.
I try to see things from all sides and angles, but how was closing down an overreaction? Hospitals and ICUs all over the world were overwhelmed to a degree that we’ve never seen before. For a WHILE.

Like, do you not believe those deaths were real or a big deal? You think everything remaining open and people doing whatever they want would’ve been ok?

Anyway... I’m happy to see things getting back to “normal” no matter how slowly.

Hammerd

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2019
Tim Apple
Try on AirPods? No thanks. I'm not sure I would have wanted to do that pre-covid.
They change the tips between each customers of course. I did it to assess the effectiveness of the noise canceling. Which turned out to be crappy when I actually worn mine and after the firmware update. Now I can even hear people talking from afar, the noise canceling is barely working. So sad.

beanbaguk

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
I see this thread closing down shortly, but the level of selfishness is beyond bounds.

Personally, I would never in a million years want to try a pair of demo earphones ever. Heck, I don't even like using my wife's airpods.

Anyway, in summary, this pandemic has taught me one thing. A significant proportion of humans are inherently selfish, self-obsessed, narcissistic and sadly don't care for their fellow people at all.

Social media has made this worse than ever through the spread of misinformation which is sadly prevalent even on this site (through posts made on this forum). I feel for the moderators that have to churn through this toffee.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Anyway, in summary, this pandemic has taught me one thing. A significant proportion of humans are inherently selfish, self-obsessed, narcissistic and sadly don't care for their fellow people at all.

Social media has made this worse than ever through the spread of misinformation which is sadly prevalent even on this site (through posts made on this forum). I feel for the moderators that have to churn through this toffee.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Those things you mention (especially about people) is the one thing that I will remember from this pandemic.

Reactions: KindredMAC

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
ewwwwww.....
I am a stickler for keeping my ears super clean and even I feel weird letting my own child put my ear buds in their ears.

Reactions: jwlbel

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
Not my particular cup of tea either but I believe Apple actually puts on new, fresh ear tips for every demo and alcohol sanitizes the AirPods between every demo. Like someone else said, probably far more likely to catch an illness from any number of other methods of transmission before doing so during an AirPods demo.
Totally agree. But something that close to someone's ear, then being in mine. I dunno... :)

Reactions: jwlbel and tbayrgs

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The retail employees had record profits?

Of course not but the retail employees all had jobs and were paid throughout the entire time since the first shutdowns in March 2020, regardless of whether their store was open or not. Family member works for Apple and their store was closed from March until late May and then again from mid June until mid September and was paid their normal wage the entire duration. Some weeks work consisted solely of virtual team meetings and training and development yet they were still paid.

And those same retail employees all have stock options and can participate in a stock purchase plan at greatly reduced prices so Apple seeing great performance means their stock positions improve as well.

And finally, when they are actually open, Apple has likely implemented better safety precautions for their employees than any other company, especially compared to other retail stores. Of course not having to interact with any customers face to face is the best precaution but the in store experience for their employees is probably far safer than for most people.

Reactions: jwlbel and DanTSX

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Thanks Donald. Thought you were banned from social media... Like I said earlier. Apple use Best Practice, not moronic ideas about it being the flu... You need to realise, not all Corona Viruses are the same. ??‍♂️
If reverting to name calling is the best you got, it’s quite telling of who you are.

Best practices on a corona virus, educate yourself. Who said it was the flu? Ah you did. Who said all are the same sub-groups, it’s part of the corona virus family outside a host do you think it acts differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanTSX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.