Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Waited about 45 minutes in SoCal. But, it started pouring rain with lightning and thunder. Totally not expected for SoCal. Got soaked. About halfway through, the Apple employees came around with umbrellas for us to use, which was nice even if a little too late for us. Got my phone and headed back home to setup.

What part of socal were you at?

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Which store did u pick up from? I had the same thing happen at Manhattan Village. I waited for over an hour, they said they just had way to many appointments. They didn’t even bother asking about your check in time because it didn’t matter

I was at the Grove in LA.

antisomnic

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2012
Rochester, NY
I showed up at 9 AM at the Eastview Apple Store (Victor, NY) having no reservation. I got in line and quickly a woman with an iPad approached me and asked me what I was there for. Told her I wanted to trade in my old phone and purchase the 13 pro max outright. She said there was a reservation for 10:45. I went and got something to eat and some other stuff. Came back and quickly shuffled through line and on in to check out the 13 pro max and any accessories I might have wanted. We then went on to payment. Salesperson was very happy and enthusiastic and we were almost feeding off eacothers excitement.

A++ Experience.

Sounds like you guys are in much busier areas though

westcoastcyc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
I waited about 40 minutes in line at the Apple store at Fashion Place Mall in Utah. The line was long but it moved along pretty quickly.

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
I have a 10:30am for tomorrow but my order doesn’t say ready for pickup yet smh

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Mine had a very long line, but only took 20 mins total. They were very efficient with a lot of people working. Hard to complain about lines of the biggest company in the worlds biggest product launch day.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
My appointment time was 8:30am. I showed up at 8:15am and they took me right in. I don't think the entire process took more than ten minutes from start to finish. This was with two iPhone 13 Pro Max (silver) phones. Super easy!

Location was at the Altamonte Mall, FL store.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Got an appt for 8am at the Pasadena location. Got there about 7:45am. I was done and out by 8:05am. Easy peasy.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I picked up with the 11 Pro in 2019 and had a similar experience (Tampa). Appointment at X time but was there for probably over an hour. Never doing that again, so I just have it delivered now.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
5 minutes in the order queue is a lifetime. You were late to order. :)

It wasn’t for a lack Of trying. I was literally refreshing that page every freaking second lol open close open close to exactly once preorders started. Lol.

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
Update one of my order still said in processing on the apple, but it was ready when I got there. I was in and out in about 15 minutes today

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
I actually went a different direction. I wanted to try an iPhone again after being away since the 6S. Didn’t pre-order last week as I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. Then yesterday I place an order for Sierra Blue, Pro 512. Shipping in like 3 or 4 weeks. Went back on the site yesterday and messing around with configs saw that my local Apple Store had Graphite Pro 512 in stock for pick-up the next day or courier service for delivery in a 2 hour window for 9 bucks extra so I did that. Didn’t even know that was a thing they did.

Placed my order at 3:49pm. Delivered to me at the door at around 5:30pm. On launch day.

I gotta say it was it was pretty cool and I was stunned it was possible.

Last edited:

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
When I did my pickup this morning, a lot of people worked with the reps to do a phone to phone setup, buy add-ons, or they had problems with their carrier activations, etc. Some people had problems with their payment methods. Things happen, but I’m glad you didn’t have to wait the full 2 hours.
This should not be a part of the pickup process. Once given the phone, those that want help can go inside and stand in a different line. Pickup should be for picking up only.

Reactions: Cyberguycpt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.