Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
I am looking for any apple store wall posters or banners or displays (Such as a Big iPhone)
(Preferably representing New products)

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the above mentioned items please reply to this thread

Thanks

Reactions: ridlerontheroof

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I am not exactly sure of any sites that would offer them, but you could try a few Google searches to find a site, or search eBay for them. We also have the Marketplace here that you could post a "Want to Buy" thread (WTB: ) for the posters, or search the listings there and see if they are already listed by somebody.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized that you won't be eligible for the Marketplace until August 26th (you have to have been a member here for 6 months), so in the mean time I would try Google, eBay, or Craigslist.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
I am not exactly sure of any sites that would offer them, but you could try a few Google searches to find a site, or search eBay for them. We also have the Marketplace here that you could post a "Want to Buy" thread (WTB: ) for the posters, or search the listings there and see if they are already listed by somebody.

I tried the searching but isn't the Market place on here dead now?

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I tried the searching but isn't the Market place on here dead now?
No, the eligibility rules were changed so that a user must have 250+ posts (user title 6502 or higher), as well as being a member for 6 months. The Marketplace is hidden to all other users. These changes were made to prevent scams and to make the Marketplace a better spot for transactions. You will be eligible for the Marketplace forum on August 26th.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
No, the eligibility rules were changed so that a user must have 250+ posts (user title 6502 or higher), as well as being a member for 6 months. The Marketplace is hidden to all other users. These changes were made to prevent scams and to make the Marketplace a better spot for transactions. You will be eligible for the Marketplace forum on August 26th.

oh ok thanks i will do that

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
aw, where's you sense of adventure? :p

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, try this:
Members of the Apple Consultants Network have access to the Apple Sales Web. ASW is where apple retailers order their promo do-dads. If you can make friends with your local ACN member, you may be able to score some goodies in mint condition.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, try this:
Members of the Apple Consultants Network have access to the Apple Sales Web. ASW is where apple retailers order their promo do-dads. If you can make friends with your local ACN member, you may be able to score some goodies in mint condition.

Not a bad idea but i dont know any

hank-b

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2008
...and eBay of course. A few years ago I sold a big Apple poster (rainbow logo on black with "apple computer" in the old Cupertino font) on eBay which I picked up in about 1981. I still have a stash of Apple stickers from then which I sometimes sell one or two of.

- HB

dual64bit

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2004
I have a couple of saved searches on ebay that run every week. Give me an idea of what posters or apple items are on ebay I may want to buy. I find it useful. So far I've collected 15 Think Different 24x36 posters, 3 2x4foot Mylar "my mac just works" posters, 1 uncut iPod poster, the 1987 Mathematic = infinity poster, and perhaps some other interesting ones.. the 30" cinema display.. etc.....

Just check ebay, check often, you'll find something you want.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
...and eBay of course. A few years ago I sold a big Apple poster (rainbow logo on black with "apple computer" in the old Cupertino font) on eBay which I picked up in about 1981. I still have a stash of Apple stickers from then which I sometimes sell one or two of.

- HB

I have a couple of saved searches on ebay that run every week. Give me an idea of what posters or apple items are on ebay I may want to buy. I find it useful. So far I've collected 15 Think Different 24x36 posters, 3 2x4foot Mylar "my mac just works" posters, 1 uncut iPod poster, the 1987 Mathematic = infinity poster, and perhaps some other interesting ones.. the 30" cinema display.. etc.....

They never have anything good when I look

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

My understanding is that the 24x36 Think Different posters are repros, Apple's official ones are much larger.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
I don't know if we're technically not supposed to advertise our own sites/links, but I create Pop Art prints of vintage Macs, as well as current ones. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's a little unique. Here is my eBay store, if you're interested:

http://stores.ebay.com/One-Girl-Creative_Apple_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ21332807QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I apologize if this isn't allowed. Feel free to delete.

they are neet

u need to make one of the current gen imac

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
I am looking for any apple store wall posters or banners or displays (Such as a Big iPhone)
(Preferably representing New products)

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the above mentioned items please reply to this thread

Thanks

All of these items are sent back to Apple and destroyed there. You won't find the vinyl banners or front window displays anywhere. Only one time was I able to bring home banners from the store I worked at. It was the holiday season they had iPod minis, the U2 iPod, and iPod Photo, but since then, they've tightened up. Good luck though.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
All of these items are sent back to Apple and destroyed there. You won't find the vinyl banners or front window displays anywhere. Only one time was I able to bring home banners from the store I worked at. It was the holiday season they had iPod minis, the U2 iPod, and iPod Photo, but since then, they've tightened up. Good luck though.

i am just gonna have to become a consultant to get them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.