Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
I just found a newton display on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ORIGINAL-A...ewton-100_W0QQitemZ150303552116QQcmdZViewItem

Newton1.jpg

------

And also this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Newton-St...tors-Item_W0QQitemZ150304615644QQcmdZViewItem

4bfe_1.JPG

starman63

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
You won't find the vinyl banners or front window displays anywhere.

Hi,

I have 2 vinyl "Think Different" banners for sale. They are with Martha Graham and Buzz Aldrin. Both are in mint condition, never used.

Anyone interested ?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Marketplace Eligibility?

The OP joined in Feb. 08 and has 1500+ posts. That's 16 months. Am I wrong?

Dale, who will be very old and grey before hitting 250 posts...

AdamLikesMusic

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2009
I don't think they send everything back to Apple HQ. In January, the folks from the Apple Store dumped their gigantic fiberglass Santa Clause in front of our receiving dock late one night. So naturally, we threw it into our compactor and listened to his cries for help. (Would post the video I took, but I have no SD card reader! :eek: )

drakeshipway

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
I don't think they send everything back to Apple HQ. In January, the folks from the Apple Store dumped their gigantic fiberglass Santa Clause in front of our receiving dock late one night. So naturally, we threw it into our compactor and listened to his cries for help. (Would post the video I took, but I have no SD card reader! :eek: )

Same at my local Apple store, I saw them sitting beside the dumpster in the parking lot. I would have loved to pick one up :p But they were a little smashed up.

Has anyone tried asking someone in the Apple store what they do with their old posters & banners & such?

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I've asked at the local Apple retailer store, they won't give them away. They "save them".

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
I've asked at the local Apple retailer store, they won't give them away. They "save them".
Ya, when our local CompUSA closed down, we tried to get them to sell us the Apple banners and stuff but they refused. Said it all had to go back to Apple. I'm sure Apple plans on re-releasing the Quicksilver G4 here pretty soon...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

Ya, when our local CompUSA closed down, we tried to get them to sell us the Apple banners and stuff but they refused. Said it all had to go back to Apple. I'm sure Apple plans on re-releasing the Quicksilver G4 here pretty soon...

I believe the retail store stuff is "Property of Apple" and is sent back to them when the displays change (the local Mac Reseller said they had to send back the old AppleTV Display when they changed it - I asked.... ;))

I think Apple, unfortunately, destroys all the old stuff. They probably keep a sample for their archives (I hope)....

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
I recently went to a local apple authorized reseller (small place) and picked up 5 posters for $10. 2 were crappyily made by the place, but 3 good ones including a poster from when OS X was released, an iMac G5 poster and this poster, which is apparently worth a decent price :)

iAfronaut

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2009
I have heard of someone who has some Apple Banners. They have apple product featured on them. like ibook etc. They are printed on kind of satin screens/ canvas. They look genuine else someone has gone to a lot of trouble to make them up.
I can enquire if you want. they are about 2ft x 3ft. I havent seen them but If you want him to get in contact with you I'll see what I can do.

Does any one know how much they are worth?

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA

iMacdude313

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2008
IMG_0421.jpg

I'm selling my Think Different 11x17 posters, all laid flat in perfect condition. No bends or puncture holes.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Actually, the Apple Store has a really cool poster mounted on poster board on an easel when you walk in of the new iMac with a pic of the new "Star Trek" movie on it - NICE... :D

Actually, worth having to Apple Collectors, Computer Collectors, and Star Trek Collectors alike...

Want that one, bad... :eek:

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Why would apple go to all the trouble to destroy the posters rather than sell them?

If you haven't noticed, Apple's not really big on nostalgia. They even send takedown notices to sites that publish their old keynotes and commercials.

They likely don't sell or give them away to avoid the creation of a black market for Apple marketing materials.

Of course, we all know that one already exists - just look at the ridiculous price of the Think Different posters many of which were sent to educators as classroom displays (the 11x17 posters) for free. Now, people are making $200+ off each individual poster.

You can't really blame Apple.

bbqpowerd

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2011
the first original Apple poster (with rainbow colors, bite, Apple II)

Contrary to what I've seen posted elseware I have the absolutely very first original Apple Computer rainbow colors bite-missing with the legend 'Apple II' poster. I was involved with the early days of Apple business. I have the mailing tube in which it was delivered with Apple's Label with my business address at the time. There is a UPS shipping cost label showing the date "Oct20'78"... Even though the legend is particular to the Apple II computer, there is no earlier Apple corporate issued poster with only "Apple" or "Apple Computer" or "Apple Personal Computers". This poster predates any such other posters.

I am looking for any apple store wall posters or banners or displays (Such as a Big iPhone)
(Preferably representing New products)

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the above mentioned items please reply to this thread

Thanks

Attachments

• Original Apple Poster Comp25.jpg
    Original Apple Poster Comp25.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 2,133

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
I have a handful of posters left from when I used to work at CompUSA. I might dig 'em out tonight and see what I have.

walterwhite

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2011
South Central PA
I have about 30 of them .... + a lot of shirts...

Attachments

• IMG_5086.jpg
    IMG_5086.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_5060.jpg
    IMG_5060.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_5067.jpg
    IMG_5067.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 218
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.