Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I am not criticizing this comment (I quite like and agree with it), but:

You post this comment in response to every article and you haven't gotten banned yet - how do you do it‽

I suppose that it shall be added to the growing list of Apple clichés, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Still waiting for the PowerBook G5
- Steve would never have allowed this
- Apple is doomed
- Any -gate
- Can't innovate anymore my ass!
- Still waiting for the 2014 Mac Mini
- The 5.5" iPhone 6 does not exist

Feel free to tell me about the others that I know I missed...

Safari is snappier.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Apple's iPad Air 2 may see some manufacturing issues that restrict available supply,

some "source" says this for every new apple device.
but it's never confirmed by apple.

and it's normal for apple not to meet demand, there's just too many people who want it on release day.

H.Finch

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2013
They should focus on the screen from now on. There's a lot more to be improved there. Anti glare, no more space between the glass and the screen and make it much better for touch devices like pens. And maybe some sort of e-ink mode for outside reading (which is still a pain I think)
If they nail that... the iPad could be perfect.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Penultimate and any decent pen will do the trick. I was trying it with the Wacom Bamboo 2nd Gen yesterday and it is just like writing on paper. My handwriting is exactly the same.

This is the one I got

[url=http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx337/ajarnfalang/Mobile%20Uploads/20140811_153329_zps62bb6bef.jpg]Image[/URL]

And this is me trying it for the first time

[url=http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx337/ajarnfalang/Mobile%20Uploads/download_20140811_221701-1_zps6775fb6d.jpg]Image[/URL]

i have a Bamboo pen but its not precise enough and i have to write reaaally big to get the letters right and it takes me forever. it just seems unnatural

Exactly becausr of that. This is 2014 and people are moving beyond the pencil and legal pad era of the 1990's.

----------

Every time I use Safari.

fingers fine for navigating and tapping but horrible to write. finger tip is to fat and nothing against a thin pen

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
The new iPads are going to be as exciting as watching paint dry.

It's going to be about software for a while to grab new buyers.

Starting to think split-screen multitasking will be only on the new iPads, in a similar move to only putting Siri on the iPhone 4S.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
"may see some manufacturing issues that restrict available supply"

Why does every new product seem to suffer from this?

Because its very very hard to make millions of cutting edge products and get them where they need to be without delaying the launch by months. Anyone who thinks its some great conspiracy from apple is simply deluded.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Time to let go of my iPad 3;)

The new iPad. Yes, I am actually looking forward to trading in my iPad (the new, aka, 3) for the iPad Air 2. Right now I am more excited about this than the iPhone 6. Other than it being too big for my hand, I haven't heard of any new feature worth me trading in my 5s.

But it is entirely possible that on 9/9, I will get whipped into a frenzie and immediately go and camp out in front of an apple store. We shall see...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Tim, the supply chain guru cannot estimate demand of Apple customer base yet? Booooo

Jokes aside. "Restricted availability" more like "purposely restricting" to create demand #

The biggest myth ever. Why would a company not want to sell as many units as quickly as possible? Demand won't change whether you have 100,000 or a million, the people who want one will want one, regardless of how many or how few are available. And if you don't want one, you still won't care how many or few are available. No one says "well, I wouldn't normally want one, but since there are so few available, I must have one now". Its a ridiculous conspiracy theory. "Demand" doesn't impress investors, sales numbers do. And you can't sell what you don't have.

But, in today's word, a conspiracy must lurk behind everything.

----------

Don't anti-reflective coatings have the bad tendency to rub off after time?

sofila

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
Ramtop Mountains

You post this comment in response to every article and you haven't gotten banned yet - how do you do it‽

I suppose that it shall be added to the growing list of Apple clichés, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Apple is doomed
- Any -gate

May I suggest:
- You're holding it wrong
- Mine works perfect, you're doing something wrong

Matthew830

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
I would like a blanket ban on any rumour" that mentions "a delay in manufacturing due to XYZ". :rolleyes:

Most news out of financial websites will include something along these lines to drive traffic to their articles, especially with apple. Apple is one of the most followed tech stocks so anything that might hurt its quarter is given exaggerated attention. Just look at the "story" that macrumors "broke" two weeks ago saying some store manager tipped them off to apple pushing back the iPhone 6 date to october. That would imply that Tim Cook and company lied on their conference call earlier that week about their numbers. No one did due diligence on that "rumor" or even bothered to apply common sense. Now all of a sudden the apple launch date is back in september. Even here they don't bother to correct their stories when they go against common sense or defy reality.

The best part of these little side comments is that they usually say "MAY delay manufacturing" which usually means that the author just through it in without any information to back it up. It is also hard to say that a product is delayed when it hasn't even been announced and be taken seriously...manufacturing delays may impact Ford's new Hover Car into 2015 due to technology not being invented yet sort of thing.

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
I'm no fan of anti-glare coatings. I like my glossy screens. Seems like the colors are so much more vibrant. I just deal with my environment to reduce glare and reflections.

----------

- Apple is doomed
- Any -gate

Some people are here to drive the culture of this site. Without it, this place would be pretty grey, vanilla, bland etc.

Missed list addition:
Slow news day.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England

- Apple is doomed
- Any -gate

- Great pipeline of new products coming next year

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
So does anyone else read that like it's saying that the Air will have this anti-reflective coating but the mini won't?

I guess. Which is a bit dim, as aren't you MORE likely to carry a smaller portable outside with you?

----------

- Apple is doomed
- Any -gate

These (first five esp.) are so incredibly irritating. In what universe is being the 42,763rd person to say "Steve/Innovate/-gate" etc amusing? Especially when you yourself have done it not once, but about forty freaking times. Sigh.

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I don't buy this. There are still a few things Apple can do with the hardware, including proper stylus support (not just fingers) like the Surface Pro and Note.

There are always 3rd party stylus you can buy. In fact, plenty of them.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm curious what Apple has up its sleeve for next year's iPad, other than a better processor and improved camera. The iPad needs to move in a new direction, with the ability to do more tasks like a laptop.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
This just in!!!!!! Direct from our supply chain partners, possible delays due to everything!!!! But we will change our minds next week and everything will be back on Schedule!! Stay tuned!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.